Register now to get rid of these ads!

1947 ford truck sells for $800G's is PURE LIES

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by madmike3434, Dec 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. madmike3434

madmike3434

I, mike lynch of whitby Ontario Canada originally took the pictures and wrote the story published in www.hotrodhotline.com back in early november 2010. About the " 1947 ford pickup truck sells for $800,000" too the Henry Ford Museum. Also included in that was supposedly a 2011 ford 350 dually truck.

Larry shackleton ( roddin shack ) wrote about the story here in this group with many replies about it.

Some new information has come to my attention and i have to report that the story as told to me by the owner of the vehicle , IS NOTHING MORE THAN A PACK OF LIES !

there is no $800,000 from Ford
    there is no 2011 ford 350 dually truck
    there is no 41 willys purchase from the winner of performance world 2010. The car was from Quebec & sold last august for just under $200G to a buyer in montreal quebec.
    I spoke to the builder last saturday dec 4 and he told me where its been sold too.

This morning 9.45 am dec 6, he answer'd to these questions re the sale of the 47 truck, " how come your not driving the new dually" "Oh it uses to much gas " , but u got $800G to play with who cares ??? Lie #1

When are you getting the 41 willys, oh i got a deposit on it and guy is holding it until the spring , OKAY lie #2

Where is that willys from anyway, Brampton, okay lie #3 its from Quebec

Problem with people like my postman who lives in Pickering Ontario, is once they start telling lies to make themselves feel important, they cannot stop themselves and just keep coming up with more and more lies to cover up the prior lies, until it all gets thrown in their face and they are EXPOSED.

The conveluted story of lies concerning the 8 ford museum employees coming to his house to verify the validity of the serial numbers, the preposterous price offered , the fact this was the ONLY remaining example of one of 35 factory built with : McCulloch supercharger, edmunds aluminum heads, Fenton cast iron manifolds for true dual exhaust. This was the biggest lie.

I believe that the farmer in oshawa ontario Canada who dave and his father bought the truck from , probably had those items DEALER INSTALLED along with the many other options that was on the truck.. I think that would be normal at that time 1947. A friend of mine rick Fendly , his father was a mcCulloch supercharger dealer after the ww2 and installed many of them, according to Rick.

When i was taking pictures of the truck for the story i kept harping on the FACTORY INSTALLED storyline he was pushing and did he have any written proof from Ford that it was so.......he never came up with it, despite my repeated requests.

I have tried to get thru to the henry Ford Museum in Michigan and talk to the curator to verify the original story. I have telephoned and i have emailed, but absolutely no replies are forthcoming from them, dispite repeated attempts. Thanks Ford Museum for your help (__!__) .

SO THERE WE GO FOLKS, GET YOUR SHOVELS OUT, BETTER YET BRING ON THE BULLDOZER BECAUSE HE IS BUILDING A HUGE PILE OF B S , HE IS GOING TO HAVE TO FACE IN THE SPRING AT THE CRUISE NITES.

mike lynch.........net name ....madmike3434

2. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

3. <FANG>

<FANG>
    from W.L.A.

And the point of this Rant is ???????

4. henry29

henry29

5. Well this just changes everything

6. briggs&strattonChev

briggs&strattonChev

I've never heard anything about it that I recall. Maybe you should concentrate your efforts on something more useful next time. I dont mean to cut you down at all, but who cares? You seem awfully excited. Why are you so offended by this?

7. The old saying.......If its too good to be true...........

8. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

Hmm, so it was all BS. Kind of hard to tell from those photos with all that clearly not factory crap all over it everywhere. Love the rear valance panel though. Nice touch for a factory $800K truck.

9. Merlin

Merlin
    from Inman, SC

Well aint that some shit!:rolleyes:

10. rick finch

rick finch

I can understand you wanting to clear the air.....but anybody with half a brain could tell from the photos that were posted that it was fraudulent.:rolleyes:

11. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

Yeah-it's a total lie! It actually sold for a cool million, it was a rare 30's concept race truck that was found in a barn after being hidden away for decades. Bonnie and Clyde used it twice, once to haul a UFO from roswell (they were still alive, the shootout was staged) and the second time they hauled some pea gravel for a small walkway project they were working on. (I know, I can't picture them doing that either!) Strange but true. I'm glad we put this whole thing to rest.

12. roddin-shack

roddin-shack

" I CARE " , Mike is coming to my defense because I originally put the story on the HAMB based on information from Mike himself. The thread was closed because of the regular bitching an moaning about the truck. THANKS MIKE for getting to the bottom of it and exposing the lies.

The good thing about it is Mike is now on the HAMB, and is welcome in my view he is a true Old Time Hot Rodder. :D:D:D:D:D

13. My first impression when I first heard about this truck (from the announcer at Autofest in Oshawa) was "one of 35 and originally supercharged from the factory ... BULLSHIT". And that wasn't even knowing the alleged sale price ... it was just the fact that the truck I saw looked nothing like a "one of 35, original from Ford blah blah blah" vehicle. What a total tool (I am suggesting the owner of the truck is a tool, not you guys for posting it).

So ... did the truck even sell or is that a load of crapola too? That was really nice of the Ford Museum to answer your question.

14. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

I heard the Ford Museum offered a guy a cool million for Henry Fords testicles which were placed in a glass case and displayed at Ford headquarters. they threw them out in the 50's and a janitor picked them out of the trash. the janitors grandson has them now.

it must be true, I read it on the internet.

15. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

^^^well if it wasn't true before, it is now. You just wrote the proof. Good enough for me.

16. 64Cyclone

64Cyclone

I like turtles!

17. Damnit, I could have gone all year without that visual.... :D

18. traffic61

traffic61
    from Owasso, OK

Dammit! Dr. Pepper through the nose really freaking stings!

19. madmike3434

madmike3434

======================================================

I doubt that the truck has sold because obviously this guy ( owner ) is under the impression its worth serious money. Any questions to him will only be met with more coverup lies. be intersting to see next spring when he stars bringing it out to the cruise nites and the lamo lie he will tell as to why he still owns it.

Question to poster....BORNTOLOZE... How do you tell a 1 of 35 from a regular one of 350,000 ?? I am interested in your supreme knowledge on this matter .

mike.....madmike3434

20. el shad

el shad

Damn, Madmike. New to the area and just flinging shit in every direction! That's keeping it REAL, and callin' folks out! You are my hero of the day.

21. Relic Stew

Relic Stew
    from Wisconsin

Never saw the original story, but felt compelled to add this.

22. LANCE-SPEED

LANCE-SPEED

you wouldnt understand,,, its a canadia thing eh!!

23. madmike3434

madmike3434

=========================================================

I have been here since august 2009, no newbie, just never posted much before. Google madmike3434..........i have been around in many groups for quite a while.

I will treat an anal orfice the way they should be treated...lmaorotf

mike

24. Really? I am so shocked:rolleyes:

25. mx6262

mx6262

I want to belive the 800G story and the 350 ford deal......:p

26. codeblu

codeblu

Canadian's....go figure.

27. el shad

el shad

I'm not gonna google you because that is stalkerish and creepy, but I do commend what you are doing. You have 8 hours and 10 more minutes of being my hero of the day. Enjoy it, Amigo!

28. LANCE-SPEED

LANCE-SPEED

There are websites for that kind of stuff.

29. Question to poster....BORNTOLOZE... How do you tell a 1 of 35 from a regular one of 350,000 ?? I am interested in your supreme knowledge on this matter .

ANSWER:

"Supreme knowledge"? That is an odd thing to say.

Have you never in your life heard a story (about anything) and thought to yourself ... "what a load of crap". Well that's what happened to me in this instance (and my first impression in this case turned out to be quite accurate it seems).

I am not suggesting that you or anyone else should have come to the same conclusion that I did. I am stating that "in MY opinion" after hearing the announcer and then seeing the truck for myself, the story on the truck "didn't ring true", my "gut feeling" was "BS". Then I stumble across the post regarding the sale price ... it does not surprise me one bit that the story is bogus.

Sorry if I somehow offended you. That was not intended.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2010
  30. sololobo

sololobo

Who's on first? O.K., I told a lie once, there I said it. ~sololobo~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.