Register now to get rid of these ads!

41 chevy coupe serial number tag

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Southside Steve, Jan 7, 2014.

1. Southside Steve

Southside Steve

I have been searching for info on serial number and where it might be on this car , title has a serial number on it, and three past owners two in same family dad then son documented and they said they got it from orig owner ( so i guess i am suposidly third owner of this gem ) , they had it for twenty some yrs. It was fully restored twenty odd yrs ago and i suppose tag was lost or un readable or whatever, so i have ordered a replacement tag (blank ) and need to know the correct placement and what it looks like, would any one be able to help ? a pix of an actual original tag and placement would be great, it does have the body tag above the battery.

Thank's in advance !

2. unkledaddy

unkledaddy

The serial number plate is riveted to the floor just in front of the passenger side of the seat.

3. Dchaz

Dchaz

^^ what he said. If you where to open the passenger door it's about midway between the seat and the front door jam about 2-3" in from the rocker panel.

4. Southside Steve

Southside Steve

thank's, unfortunatly it is gone ,car was redone, and repair work done in that area.
    i have seen a pix of a 41 special with the tag just above the lower hinge on the driver side, what about that ?

would any one have a pix of an actual tag so i can have the replacement looking authentic?

5. Southside Steve

Southside Steve

thank' but it is not there, probably gone do to restoration there, seen a pic of a 41 with a tag just above the driver door lower hinge on the A pillar , how about that? and would any one have a pix, ? so i can have the lettering done on my replacement tag, ? and if it goes on pass side could some one please send a pix of it there so i might place mine correctly ? thank's again ....Southside.