Register now to get rid of these ads!

R.I.P., Ray Farhner, customizer extraordinaire

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Goober, Oct 24, 2005.

1. Sadly learned that legendary customizer Ray Farhner passed away last week. Rikster can likely post or repost a tribute to his work, which includes the Eclipse and Boot Hill Express. You may want to take a look at the brief obituary and if his work meant something to you sign the Guest Book. See it here>>

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

blownhemi48 likes this.
  2. happy hoppy

happy hoppy

sorry to hear that, seems we have been losing alot lately.

bummer...

3. I met Ray 'way back in the '60's when he was showing the "Boothill Express".
    He was a very nice person.
    Go with God, Ray.

4. swazzie

swazzie

Wow , I remember that car from when I was a kid.no way.shit .godspeed my friend.

5. Dat Dirty Rat

Dat Dirty Rat

That does suck....I use to have a pic of that lil blue truck hanging on my bedroom wall as a kid....One of the main reasons why i got into Kustoms...Man, they are all falling waaay too fast!

6. Ray also contributed to rod and custom heritage as a Car Show promoter, in addition to his unique creations.

[​IMG]

7. CFarhner

CFarhner

On Saturday, June 3, 2006 in Raytown MO, the Raytown Pharoahs' Car Club; President Dave Whener, VP Kenny Platter and I are hosting a speacial dedication Car Show to Ray Farhner, my Uncle. The show will be held at the Joe Herdon Career Center, one blk east of Raytown Rd. and 350 Hwy in Raytown, between 9AM - 4PM. I will be helping coordinate this event with the Raytown Pharaohs and will be presenting a special "Farhner Family trophy for the best custom or street rod.

We are searching for any kind of Ray Farhner memorabilia of the past car shows, news clippings, photos to use in the June Car Show. Also, if any of you have information about hisotry of my Uncle I would greatly appreciate your donation for the duration of the show. All donated materials will be given back at the end of the show. We hope to have many of you praticipate in this event as there have been in the car shows of the 'good old days'. Please contact, Connie Farhner at :
    (816) 358-2108

P.S. This is a non-profit car show and all proceeds will be donated throught the Raytown Optimists for Children with terminally ill cancer, so they may have chance to go to camp for the last time. ​
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][/quote]

8. drhotrodmd

drhotrodmd

9. Abomination

Abomination

10. grim

grim

Man, I can't believe its been almost 4 years. We really miss you a lot Ray - truly a legend in his own time.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2009