Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Nostalgia Drags Colonial Beach, VA August 4

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BurntOutOldMechanic, Jul 30, 2013.

1. Dude, this is a new venue for this event- last year it was held at the East Coast's oldest Drag Strip, Old Dominion Speedway in Manassas, Virginia.

The city of Manassas, in it's infinite wisdom (read: greedy bastards), shut down the storied Old Dominion Speedway so they could build more shitty townhouses.....

This year's "Sixty Years of Cars and Stars" will be held at the Colonial Beach Drag Strip in Colonial Beach, Virginia.

[​IMG]

Here's a few highlights from last year's show:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. This Shit Box will be there

[​IMG]

3. That's some Shit Box, Jay.....:eek:

Lookin' forward to it.

4. ^^^^ You going?

5. I'll be there.....

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

6. It's a beautiful day!

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1375627585.790449.jpg

7. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Love that truck.

8. "Watch this", I said to The Missus who'd never seen the 38 Special before.....

9. Great pics guys. It was a picture perfect day for early August. I'll be back next year for sure.

10. oj

oj

I have lots of good memories from The Beach, back when it was owned by Todd Mac (Big Mac Attack) we had the keys to the pit gate and after racing Saturday night, wherever that was, we'd drive to The Beach and pull into the pits and spend the rest of the night. Many a Sunday morning I remember having the front clip off the car, sitting on the front tire and going thru the valves with a fresh cup of coffee beside me and thinking 'it don't get better than this'.

lothiandon1940 likes this.