Register now to get rid of these ads!

How do you install a trunk lid on A Model A?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by George G, May 17, 2007.

1. George G

George G

I bought a new trunk lid for my '28 A Roadster. I am intalling it as a trunk rather than a rumble lid. I got a set of hinges from another vendor, but how do the hinge brakets mount on the trunk lid???

[​IMG]

Any help or related website will be appreciated.

2. flathead okie

flathead okie

Try fordbarn.com if no one here can help.

3. the trunk lid just uses the holes in the flange to pivot on the hinge bolt. Where the bolt comes through the rain gutter is where the adjustment is.

4. George, the two most outer holes are used to fasten that mount, shown in the picture, to the inside of each quarter panel. The center hole should have a threaded pin that threads into that mount and protrudes into the decklid hole.

Dave

5. Here's a couple pics of my 31.

Note that the 2nd pic - shot taken directly from the rear - shows a single stainless flat washer on the pivot.

The right side has 3-4 washers on the pivot.

The washers are required to shim the trunk to the proper transverse location.

Attached Files:

6. George G

George G

Thanks Guys! To get the inital location of the hinge bracket in relation to the lid itself, I was thinking I would have to set the lid on the car then screw in the hinge pins with some wet paint or something to get a mark on the lid.