Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs A Pimp Is Back On His Game

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Aug 31, 2012.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

2. autobodyed

autobodyed
    from shelton ct

well ya knew that it was only a matter of time, besides, rehab is for quiters.

3. Doctor Detroit

Doctor Detroit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Awesome.. congratulations on your Riviera. I, too, know that feeling. I'm not even ready for another project, and yet I find myself looking to see what nice '63-'65 Rivieras are available. I've always liked them, but ever since an Uncle of mine told me the story of when we bought one brand new at the age of about 20 years old off the showroom floor, I've really been jonesing for one.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2012
  4. Well if all else fails I am up for a road trip and a buss ticket will suffice. :D

Good for you, the Riviera is one of the most beautiful cars GM ever produced.

5. Resistance was futile!
    Can't wait to see "the one"
    Congrats!

6. ya don't need to do a whole lot to those rivs to make a real nice mild custom. one of my top 5 favorite cars. a bloke i work with keeps telling me about his mate that has a shed full of em and all sorts of other cool bits and pieces, i keep naggin him to take me out for a look but he wont. i'd call him a liar but every now and then he'll bring in something really cool to show me (just to annoy me i bet)

anyway congrats on the new wheels. oh and you know we need pics as soon as possible right?;)

7. Gremlinguy

Gremlinguy

Congrats Ryan! Can't wait to see what you do with it. Someday I will have a Riv.
    And yes projects ARE like crack. I am selling some o/t projects to fund insulating my garage and focus on 1 o/t project and the Nash... And here I am emailing people about projects they have for sale.....

8. I love Rivieras. Years ago, I went looking for a 63-65, and wound up with an amazing one-owner '67. Possibly the nicest, most original, unmolested car I have ever owned. In a moment of weakness, I sold the car to a guy who had been hounding me for years to buy it. I miss that car dearly.

Congrats on your new Rivi, Ryan. GM knocked it out of the park when they designed those cars. Incredible Bill Mitchell-designed styling, a great engine, and a superb road car.

9. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Conga Rats on the find, the coupe can handle not having shiny paint for another year if it gets a nifty garage companion this year.

I've had a want for one of those Rivs since they were new and I was a sophomore in high school.

10. belair

belair

I want one bad.

11. Bugsy

Bugsy
    from Kansas

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!! Man....you're a junkie, just like the rest of us!! It's theraputic to confess it to other as well. You're going to have fun with it and congrats!! I sure miss my '65. MAy have to start looking for another one now!!!

12. Doc.

Doc.
    Member Emeritus

Too cool. I knew you would find one. I can't wait to see it.

13. Where are the photos? HRP

14. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I'm not trying to be a tease here - honest I'm not. I just don't want to post any glamor shots until I can take them myself... and when I do that, I want to kind of formally thank all of the people that have helped me by going to look at cars for me, transportation, storage, etc...

In fact, I probably shouldn't have posted this today... It's just that I'm so damned excited.

Anyway, plans... It's literally stone stock at the moment. I'm going to give it a pretty liberal and static drop, wheel and tire it, and then maybe do a little bit of emblem shaving when I get around to it. Mostly, I'm just gonna drive the hell out of it.

15. Curt Six

Curt Six

It seems like Riviera fever has been going around lately. For what it's worth, we've got a number of well-equipped hot rodders' shops within a stone's throw of the Revival to tighten up any shimmies you discover on the trip down. Congratulations on the new ride.

16. PackardWood

PackardWood
    from JoCo, NC

17. Congrats, I will be sure to look for it in Baltimore...

18. Hope all goes well with the acquisition. Look forward to seeing you and the Riv' cruising the grounds of Pimlico Race Course.

19. Good on ya, boss. They look so good right out of the gate , you'd have to be an idiot to screw 1 up. I think we all know here it will be in capable hands soon. If you need help, this family of car junkies will always step up and do it right.

20. seatex

seatex

you're sick. it's simple as that. Glad you've found a (temporary) cure, you whoremonger!
    It'll all be fine untill some other babe drives by and your daydream of fishnets and airbags start all over again....................

21. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Congrats Huggy Bear!

22. TheFrenZ

TheFrenZ
    from Germany

[​IMG]

Sleep well junkie.

23. Glad you got another Riv.

So is '65 officially the official cutoff for all things officially HAMB? :)

24. klazurfer

klazurfer

Waay Cool Ryan ! I sure miss my old 63 Riv :eek: Excellent cars :)

25. D-Day

D-Day
    from NW Ohio

May I ask where you found it and how? I just like the foreplay stories leading up to the actual purchase.

26. 1964countrysedan

1964countrysedan
    from Texas

I did a little research for you Ryan, and here is what I found:

The ad and then the actual car.

looks like fun

Attached Files:

27. Pics damn it... we want pics.

Sam

28. pumpman

pumpman

This place is dangerous, like a junkie asking another junkie, "hey man, you ever try this'?
    Then bam, you're hooked. Pics please.

29. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Deep and deeper offset, 16x8 and 16x10 Chromed Daytons, sticky rubber, 50 series blackwall Pirellis (maybe 26" dia.?), seriously reworked and narrowed suspension front and rear on coilovers. Factory interior and drivetrain. Really conservative body work and sophisticated, understated paint.

30. BLAKE

BLAKE

"A Pimp Is Back On His Game"

... seriously? :D