Register now to get rid of these ads!

"DETROIT" beer, Bubble tops & the butt of Foose

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by FRITZ, Mar 8, 2005.

1. FRITZ

FRITZ
    BANNED

Back from the motor city, WOW what a trip
    bet there has'nt been 2 bubble tops in COBO for the last 40 years!
    It was Fantastic to meet all you crazy HAMB'ers that I meet
    I dug the space truck.
    Bleed was that you.
    I was pretty buzz'd but i could swear that was Tuck.
    My partner (Joe Mach) and I spent most of the time looking for beer.
    It was funny to have a spot right behind FOOSE....Hmmmmm wonder if you'll see the bubble tops on rides 'er something?
    They told us we were one of the top 3 displays with a crowd around it all the time. pretty cool.
    All in all it was great to meet you guys, The basement truly was the place to be, although I never saw all those hot "bleed groupie" chicks
    I never have groupies chicks, LOL
    I'll be back....I have 30 bags of plaster outside just waitting for me.
    FRITZ

2. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Probley why out of the dozen or more times I stopped at your display, you guys weren't there. :D I was really looking forward to meeting you in person. Maybe next year cuz I sure hope you bring the cars back for the "Tribute to Roth" that's taking place at the Autorama next year.

3. Tuck

Tuck
    Tech Editor
    from MINNESOTA
    1. Early Hemi Tech

haha dude it was great to meet you, was that you fritz???

It was cool to see the ROSWELL ROD rule the crowd.

when we were moving parts for you guys, or mark or?? anyways...

we were carrying all these parts into the cobo garage.
    Bleed, Moriairty, Tony, cola and I...

these NASCAR guys behind us asked what we were doing?

Bleed answers were building a hot rod for that show RIDES.

REALLY??
    dudes like COOOOL

what is it?

I answered its a '29 ford roadster haha

NASCAR dudes like whens it going to be aired?
    bob answers- 2 weeks

NASCAR dudes like "AWESOME"

so when we get back inside cobo we just "happened" to get in and on the escilator behind chip foose. haha...

So were like hey its chip... so we told him what just happened and made him laugh...

He asked if we wanted his pic or autograph and we're like no.. thats ok... didnt want to take him away from his hot wife holy...

I tried to find you the day before fritz... I was gonna hook you up!!! I'm learning to become a promoter haha.

Want some fritz girls lined up for next year? you'll have to call jolene and book them early...

congrats fritz!

"youve got it made"

Tuck

4. briggs&strattonChev

briggs&strattonChev

oh wow

5. Muttley

Muttley

You should have taken it, you could stick it under your roadster if it leaks oil.:D

6. Skate Fink

Skate Fink
    Member Emeritus

.............it was great to meet you Fritz and the Roswell Rod still has me weak in the knees.................Needs to be in Rodders Journal!

7. FRITZ

FRITZ
    BANNED

Thats Funny Tuck, I met Chip Like 7 years ago (befor TV) while we were doing the pinhead thing at lead east in NJ. he really is a nice guy, He was in the booth with us doing a piece (Unkle Ian was there also) I cant give him a bad rap. I grew up looking at his fathers stuff But I can build another space ship for what he has in just chrome on that 36 ford riddler car. I'm sorry I was'nt in our booth to meet most of ya, but im not the kind of guy who's gonna stand around just to breath in the complaments like oxygen, I was walking around with my 5 dollar beer looking at cars and complamenting everyone else, LOL
    FRITZ

8. Plowboy

Plowboy

It was good to meet you man!

You should have hung around downstairs with us some more, the beer was considerably cheaper.

9. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

You bubbletop guys are GENIUSES, and you got it made

10. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Bubbletoppers are the kings of the world.

Fritz rules.

Moriarty I can't tell you what an honor it was to have our band playing during your segment on MFS 2.

Say, is it that hard to smuggle your own beer into COBO?

11. graverobber63

graverobber63
    Alliance Vendor

Anyone got any pics? besides Bleeds groupies?

12. airkooled

airkooled
    from Royal Oak

The bubbletops were my favorite thing at the show - or at the very least my favorite un-rusty cars at the show. The mega-patriotic monster truck with the TVs all over it was my least favorite thing at the show. I preferred the "rice" to that monstrosity.

A Roth tribute next year? That sounds awesome.

13. John B

John B

I really wanted to get up to Cobo this year. Sadly the local (50 miles) indoor show fell on the same weekend this year and I had told a fellow club member I'd be there to help with his car. So I spent the weekend in Huntington,WV. instead.

Cool little story for Fritz. Gene Winfield was a guest at the show and while we were talking on Friday afternoon , he told me how cool my T-shirt was. My Cruisin' Area 51 , Roswell Rod shirt that is.

14. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Yes, and I have been told by the powers that be that it will be the laragest collection of Roth cars ever gathered in one spot.

No, the trick is to already have a cooler inside the show. Beer can be brought in in duffle bags or whatever and we just brought ice in on a dolly. Coolers can not be brought thru after the show has started, only during setup. A cup of beer at the show is $5. Well worth the little effort to bring your own in.

15. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Shall I assume your referring to more bubbletop photos??

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

17. FRITZ

FRITZ
    BANNED

Cool little story for Fritz. Gene Winfield was a guest at the show and while we were talking on Friday afternoon , he told me how cool my T-shirt was. My Cruisin' Area 51 , Roswell Rod shirt that is.[/QUOTE]

HeyJohn B.........Give me Gene's address and I'll mail him one
    FRITZ

18. old beet

old beet

What a nice job on the car!!!!!! Love it!!!! Proud to wear yer shirt!!!.........OLDBEET

19. Lead East was like Disney Land back then.I met Fritz there the first time I went,and got to spend several hours working with Chip the last time we went.Me and Peter Gunn were there talking with him until 5:30 am.I got a few original sketches he did that night,that I still need to frame.

Good seeing you again Fritz,
    hopefully you can use those UGLY brushes for someting.:D

20. I just happen to have it handy. Gene Winfield:8201 Sierra Hwy, Mojave Ca. 93501 (661) 824-4728

21. I stood around waiting to meet you and thank you for the shirt you sent me last year as well. But the crowd around you was so large I went over and hung out with Chip :D

Your car RULED and I'll make it a point to say hi next time.