Register now to get rid of these ads!

Holley-Weber 5200 carb problem and question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by slackcat, Sep 9, 2011.

1. Well I bought one from Langdon's and mounted it on the 235 in my C-10. Starts and runs great.............OK the bad part. When I turn the engine off, the carb drains dry in a matter of minutes. Looks to be draining in the secondary and leaks out the throttle shaft and down the intake. I've cleaned the needle, reset the floats and checked the floats for boyancy..........all good. It still leaks. There is a power valve at the bottom of the fuel bowl, could this be the problem? What does it do?

Thanks in advance.

2. Yeh, spoke with Tom a couple days ago, couldn't get through yesterday. He advised checking needle and floats. I thought of asking here as another source of advise.......

3. Slackcat,
    The power valve shouldn't be your problem. Maybe if it is blown it could be leaking fuel past it, pretty easy to check, just pull it and give it a good look see. You shou;d be able to tell if it is blown to bleed fuel past it.

I have a Holley/Weber in the garage I can pull it apart this evening and see if there is something that should be causing that problem. I doubt that weak floats or needle is your problem if it is bleeding past after you shut it down.

Where abouts in Kansas are you? if you are close you are more than welcome to come by and borrow this one to bolt on and see if the problem persists.

benno

Uh never mind if you are in the independence/coffeeville area you are too far off to make it a reasonabe drive unless you are just planning to be here anyway. Your call my friend.

4. Thanks porknbeaner. Could you pull your power valve from the bottom of the bowl and let me know if is one piece or three seperate pieces.....fitting, needle, spring.

I did a search and found THIS, the schematics of my carb. The power valve in my carb is in three pieces as opposed to one unit as shown, #16. I also have no gasket, #17. I really don't see how mine could make an effective seal. Where does #18 go, the pump needle? If it goes in the power valve needle end down then mine was upside down.

I'll give you a heads-up the next time I'm in the KC area, I've family in OP.

5. Consider it done. I'll do it before I jump on something else.

PMing you my number