Register now to get rid of these ads!

factory stock 60-66 chevy truck question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by drumyn29, May 6, 2012.

1. drumyn29

drumyn29

I am trying to find a heater box that would have come factory correct for my 60 chevy truck.

I found someone selling three different ones and I'm not sure which is right, any insight or pics would be greatly appreciated.

He told me that one heater box is mounted inside the cab the other two are on the outside firewall but one has heater hoses pointing straight and the other has hoses pointing toward the right.

My truck is complete other than this heater box issue.

2. 72hd

72hd
    BANNED

I've had a63 & 62 both of them had the heater box on the inside.have had 2 65s that have had the outside box. not positive but think a 60 should have a inside box . also in my opinion i think the inside box makes a cleaner firewall--but you know what they say about opinions--also if theres a long narrow[2 inch by10 inch]approx-cover that is bolted on atthe top of the firewall it had ainside heater if the cover is missing and the bolt holes do not look as if they have been used it more than likely had a inside heater

3. If memory serves me correctly, the standard heater was the inside style and the deluxe was the one on the firewall?? The deluxe heater had the capability of using recirculating air from the outside, so it pulled air from the cowl area.

4. I have a buddy re-doing his 63,and the heater is inside.Not sure when the cut-off year was-64 when they changed the windshield maybe? But,here's a 65 with the heater outside for your reference.

Attached Files:

5. drumyn29

drumyn29

this is the piece of crap in there now but it doesn't have a working valve

Attached Files:

6. My '64............

Attached Files:

7. jchav62

jchav62

I believe all years, 60-66 offered a recirculating heater (underdash), a fresh air heater (on the firewall) and a deluxe heater (on the firewall with a temp control valve). The one in your truck seems to be "correct". Maybe just replace the valve.

8. drumyn29

drumyn29

Can a replacement valve be purchased? I don't want the inline valve. I would like to get a valve attached to the core like stock, is that possible?