Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Looking for older junkyards in Michigan

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by NickyD, Apr 23, 2014.

1. NickyD

NickyD
    from Michigan

Hey I'm new to the site an was just wondering if any of my fellow michigan gear heads knew of some cool junkyards I could check out this summer

2. BOBCRMAN

BOBCRMAN
    from Holly

If it is still there..

Warhoops in NE detroit area. Back in the day I bought a lot of parts there. Waded in the mud. Fought off raccoons and critters. Nasty dogs! But they had a good selection of old stuff, out in the back. Then they changed the back in the later years..

Most of my old haunts have been forced to close or crushed out all the old stuff.

3. pipebomb

pipebomb

4. NickyD

NickyD
    from Michigan

War hoops is closed I belive because I read an article about them an I'm in the thumb if that's what you meant pipebomb

5. Reds 29

Reds 29

Swain's by Bellaire, Fox's just north of Harrison, and Hilliards North of Vestaburg are the ones I have been to.

6. 416Ford

416Ford

You may get more replies after your intro....
    Hilliards
    11038-11598 Crystal Rd Vestaburg, MI 48891

7. Ryan's not requiring intros anymore.

There used to be a good-sized yard above Dexter, right along 23 (left side, heading north). That was 20 years ago, though, and the only "car" I remember from the yard was the shell of a 356 Porsche Coupe on top of a semi trailer :)

8. Tudorp

Tudorp

I am also in Michigan (SWMI/Michiana area). Welcome, and I would also love the same info for this side of MI.

9. WolfWhistle

WolfWhistle
    from Michigan

No heard Hilliards closed and sold most of the vehicles. Is that true? Is there any vintage tin left in Swains in Bellaire, or Joes Auto Parts?