Register now to get rid of these ads!

History 1964 WINTERNATIONALS Official Entry List

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HEMI32, Oct 7, 2009.

1. 1964 Winternationals.jpg

pg 1.jpg pg 2.jpg pg 3.jpg pg 4.jpg
    pg 5.jpg pg 6.jpg pg 7.jpg pg 8.jpg
    Click any thumbnail to start a "slide-show" of all 8 pages.

NOTE: I scanned this document in at a decent resolution ... so even the tiny print is
    clearly visible when you enlarge the image (by clicking on it two more times).

Enjoy!

Last edited: Aug 10, 2022
  2. robt500

robt500
    from Lex, KY

3. Slim Pickens

Slim Pickens

WOW. That is the best, Thanks. Check the typo for Danny Ongais. He was one of my favorites. He had an amazing career...He is the only native Hawaiian to compete at the Indianapolis 500. A motorcycle, sports car, Formula One, and drag racing competitor, in 1963 and 1964 Ongais won the American Hot Rod Association AA Gas Dragster Championship and in 1965 he added the National Hot Rod Association AA Dragster championship title.

4. apound

apound

That is too cool! Thanks for posting it! You don't happen to have the 1965 Winternationals official entry list do you?

5. SundayNiagara

SundayNiagara

FYI: Car # 304, "Wild Rose" CM/SP, was owned by Rosemary Gennuso, who by then, was living in SoCal. She was originally from Rochester NY. The car hauled @$$ as many of beaten male will tell you. She now lives in Carson City Nev.

Mark

6. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Thanks-I was there. All photos, etc got tossed in a move. That was real drag racing.
    I do have a cassette tape of the "Sounds From The: NHRA 1962 Winternationals"-cool.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2009
  7. apound ... Nope ... sorry ... only this '64 Winternationals entry list ... the '58 Oklahoma City Nationals event program (click HERE) ... and a bunch of O/T ('80s & '90s) NHRA event programs.

8. 32 Barn Car

32 Barn Car
    from Oregon

Thanks for posting . I have this from 1963 , not '64 , but close ............Z

Attached Files:

9. LongT

LongT

Sure was different then. They can't always fill a 16 car field of fuel cars now. Of course it is a little hard to tell the actual break down of some of the classes. Example it just says Dragster and engine year. I believe there were multilple Dragster classes. Of course what do I know.

Love the guard rails on the track. Or lack there of.

Bill

10. Guess I didn't get my entry in early enough to be on the list, but I'm on the class records page!

11. Slim Pickens

Slim Pickens

Dean,
    So very cool.
    B/SR Lowe-Osterman_Lowe, 61 Chevy, 118.24, 11.69
    What was your fastest speed/time?

12. apound

apound

My car was supposted to run the 65 Winter nats. Would really like to see the entry list for 65. Anybody????

13. coopdevill65

coopdevill65
    from tac ,wa

my dad wrote for drag news at that time and i have all fo his old slides. i will check and see what year they are and post them up.

14. Shaggy

Shaggy
    from Sultan, WA

15. Dean ... I actually looked for your name in the "ENTRIES" pages ... and was a bit surprised that you weren't listed ... it didn't occur to me to checkout the "NATIONAL DRAG RECORDS" page ... very cool!

16. 69hurstsc

69hurstsc

Awesome list and thanks for sharing!!

17. EdGrist

EdGrist

You mentioned slides ... would you happen to have anything that would show a chopped Black Willys run by the Grist Brothers in '61 through '63 or even '64? The car was sold in '64 and has recently resurfaced in the Atlanta area and we're trying to gather information on it. Dad won the '61 Winternationals. The Grist Brothers were my dad, Floyd Grist and my uncle Ralph Grist. Dad was the driver.

There is another thread here on the H.A.M.B. highlighting the car and it's current restoration to a street-rod. The link to that thread is: http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=400697&highlight=willys+chopped

Thanks for anything anyone can add.

18. Jim Bouchard

Jim Bouchard

Wow! Thats totaly COOL! Thanks for posting.