Register now to get rid of these ads!

Notorious

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Jan 19, 2012.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Last edited: Jan 19, 2012
  2. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

I envy HAMB-Doggy I would love to be there?

3. I wouldn't get too worried until he soaks the bathroom rug with ether and want to go take in a show. :D

Sounds like you are in for an adventure, young men should have adventures my friend. Enjoy yourself.

4. Livin' the life

5. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

why take an attorney with you? just curious..

6. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Great stuff. A hard drinkin' bunch, eh?

7. bowtiemyk

bowtiemyk

What airline serves Tequila? Met a bunch of nice blokes from Melbourne at Bonneville in 2010. Enjoy your stay Ryan.

8. Find a book called "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas" by Hunter Thompson. Read it from cover to cover, it helps to smoke a doobie if you want to get the full effect. Then you'll understand what he is talking about.

9. indybigjohn

indybigjohn
    Member Emeritus

Sounds like a helluva trip. I heard a news commentator use a phrase we once used when I was in the USAF in the late 50s, and had some dealings with Aussies. "When the business is done, they like to have one for the road. Then they like to have one for the ditch beside the road, then the other side of the road, then the ditch over there, and so on."

10. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

I'm more than envious! Have a great time!

Liquor in a can...... interesting concept.......

11. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

always good to legal up, and drink up when sleep deprived. maybe your seat mates on flight over were Big Swole -Producer/CEO of ATV Records,INC of Austin and Antone of Antone's Record Label also of Austin?

12. Add a Browning and reggae music and it sounds like a time I had in Jamaica. Have fun man.

13. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Jealous.....so very jealous.

14. Or, maybe he wasn't. :eek: :D:D

15. X2!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using TJJ

16. HAAAAA! I LOVE IT! I know how surreal it is to arrive in a foreign country, on no sleep, and encountering characters who seem to be right out of a movie. Your mind just goes "WTF? Is this real?"

Liquor seems to help.

17. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Fear and loathing in Australia??? My attorney recommends I say no more...

Just mind you don't end up with a giant lizard tail taped to you ass!

18. weez

weez

First time I went, I was jet lagged, had a bad cold, and immediately found myself driving a right hand drive '27 T roadster in the rain, on the other side of the road, shifting with my left hand, trying to follow Mike Ahrens in his A-tub and not get lost! Going back for Chopped in October, can't wait!

19. I went to Australia after high school on an all american football team. We were doing this cultural exchange which included introducing gridiron football. We played against a mens league and they were drinking beer and smoking cigs on the sidelines. we crushed them like 54-6.
    We played them the next day in an Australian rules football game they beat our asses into the ground. Maybe because we did not know the rules very well. Most likely the fact we went out and partied with them the night before caused us to be hung over as hell. A couple of interesting notes pool tables there have smaller balls and smaller pockets, the bar did not close we partied til the sun came up. They never stopped serving drinks. Shifting a car with your left hand is strange!

20. Oh my, what happened to Blake?

21. Fopelaez

Fopelaez

I'm jealous,
    Don't forget the following: Take a video of the toilet flushing the "wrong way" (clean please), some "original" boomerangs for your kids and lots of Hot Rod pictures for us!
    Enjoy your trip!

22. You lucky bastard you get to have all the fun!

23. acadian_carguy

acadian_carguy

Ryan...Fastastic writing! Have you ever considered writing a novel? How about one with hot rods and customs in with the storyline, but not the main subject. For starters, you would have everyone on the HAMB buying the novel, and with your writing style I bet it would be a best seller in no time!

24. 54BOMB

54BOMB

Looks like a total blast!

25. I thought all the guys in Aussie were named Bruce.

26. Hey, you guys do know you are welcome down here, right?
    Well some of you......
    Maybe not you or the sneaky lookin one at the back there!
    Have fun on the reliability run Ryan, get mike ahrens to take you for a thrash and see what weez was talkin about!

27. I thought by meeting them that everyone was named Mate?!:D

28. woodbox

woodbox

Welcome Downunder Ryan. One day you may want to venture across the "Ditch" to New Zealand for our summer season Hot Rodding. We don't require those silly little fenders on our fenderless cars like they do in Aussie! have fun mate! Do you realize that drinking liquor from Aluminium cans promotes early onset Alzeimers! Stick to the bottles.....they just promote hangovers!

29. At least people aren't acting like panty waists about your editorial & visit to this show like they did when you wrote about going to the Jalopyrama...

Sam

30. Be sure and get an Australian Kiss. it's like the French Kiss only...Down Under.