Register now to get rid of these ads!

Weather for the '13 HRR

Discussion in 'Hot Rod Revolution' started by 46stude, Nov 17, 2013.

1. 46stude

46stude

Looks like there's a little front coming thru the area Fri into Saturday. Seeing predictions for mid-60's and a slight chance of rain on the 23rd.

Chatter about the show is awful quiet this year. Kinda weird.

2. Rain, rain, go away.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

3. Rusty

Rusty

I better get busy on some door glass

4. Ddooce

Ddooce
    from Memphis Tn

Chatter about the show is awful quiet this year. Kinda weird.[/QUOTE]

Everything seems quiet - spookey! I haven't got my entry pack yet and I leave in a couple of days.

So lets start some chat.
    Anyone traveling I40, I30, I35?
    I am leaving Memphis Thursday am and plan to overnight in Dallas. Hope to see someone on the road Thursday or Friday.

Ryan's Saturday morning route looks attractive but will it work Friday pm.
    I had hoped to avoid the Austin traffic by bypassing the city. What's your opinions on using the toll road?

My cell number is 901 277 7437 if anyone needs help on the road.

DW

5. TexasHardcore

TexasHardcore
    from Austin-ish

Toll road is fine for bypassing Austin. Expensive, but you don't have to deal with I-35.

6. 46stude

46stude

Well, looks like the rain chances have diminished, at least. :D

7. 36tbird

36tbird

Well, the 'horns aren't playing this weekend but Austin traffic can be screwed up without any reason. Therefore, the toll road is a good idea for those of you have to travel 35 past Austin.

8. Any idea what the cost will be to use the toll road? I have a NTTA Toll Tag for here in DFW. Not sure if that'll work on that toll road.

9. 36tbird

36tbird

I've slept since I last used the toll road but it seems like it is about $7 to $9 one direction. Make sure you google or gps your exit once you're past Austin because going south it seems biased to direct you all the way to San Antonio. The designers ran it out where you get off by Seguin leaving you about 40 miles east of San Antone on I 10. (Guess Perry has to pay for it somehow.)

10. Weather update (hope it gets better)
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1384874703.701483.jpg

11. Ddooce

Ddooce
    from Memphis Tn

$9 sounds cheap to miss Austin traffic - I would probably use 10 bucks worth of clutch in the stop start.
    How do they collect the tolls? Cash or credit card? do you need the exact change?
    I checked the map and I see what you mean about the exits - what's your suggestion when coming from the north?

12. pinkynoegg

pinkynoegg

just run through the booth. they take a picture and send a bill to the address your licence plate is registered to

13. 36tbird

36tbird

What pinky meant to say, I think, is just keep driving on it and don't worry 'bout nuthin'. They'll find you and send you the bill. If they don't, great! What I mean to say, is, don't get off on the booths you see for paying cash, just keep going. But again, figure out your exit point once you are through Austin.

14. pinkynoegg

pinkynoegg

yes that is what I meant to say. There wont be a person there to collect money from you anymore

15. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hey, ddeuce, the tool road is is a great stress-reliever, but it is SEVERAL miles around. However, it is worth the extra miles. You can actually avoid that horrible Austin jam. See you there.

16. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

I'm making the 1300 mile round trip in my daily driver since my 63 is off topic for the show anyways. Hope to meet a bunch of folks and take a bunch of photos for my site, for here and a magazine article or two that I'm doing. Safe travels folks, see you in Texas!

17. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Cross your weather fingers boys...

Oh, and if you don't have your packet yet just pm me... It's cool.

18. Ddooce

Ddooce
    from Memphis Tn

Thank you pinky and 36tbird. The extra mileage is not a problem considering the total distance of the trip

Look forward to your pictures Travis.

Roll on Saturday!

19. framemess

framemess

I hope the weather gets better. Have a great time guys, please post pictures.

20. 36tbird

36tbird

Ddooce, I don't think they're set up to mail bills out of state, so you may get a pass on the toll. Hunter, sorry, you're SOL.

21. 46stude

46stude

22. 46stude

46stude

Looks like the weathermen once again did not know what they were talkin' about. Cool & brisk, but dry, here in San Antone.

23. 36tbird

36tbird

Here on the NW side of SA I just felt the beginnings of possible sleet. I reckon Ryan and the guys had to think of not only the conditions for the show but what folks might face coming and going from far off. I gotta say, I was really bummed as I prepped the old pickup and was really excited about attending. But, I think it was the prudent call to cancel.

I took the pickup out for its usual Friday morning taco run. It is only about 10 miles round trip to the roach coach I prefer for tacos. It was cold, wind blowing, a little light rain and the flathead never missed a beat supplying great heat in the cab. So, it wasn't the HRR, but it was something. Next year.