Register now to get rid of these ads!

371 blower HELP!!

Discussion in 'Hot Rod Revolution' started by scrapyarddoguk, Jan 13, 2012.

1. scrapyarddoguk

scrapyarddoguk
    from uk

Hi Guys,
    I have a Model T with a 2.5 Daimler hemi, with a 371 blower and a holly 390 carb
    the blower is leaking oil badly from under the front.
    I have been quoted £700 plus postage both ways. I can not find any information on how to repair it so do not want to strip it. Would i be better off putting SU Carbs back on it? I need to get it on the road quick. Any advise regarding the blower would be welcome.

Cheers Brian

2. Mitchell Rish

Mitchell Rish
    from Houston MS

If its still functioning properly , and just leaking oil from the front resivoir you may just have a set of front cover gaskets leaking - I may be wrong but are the front covers of the 371,471 , 671 and the 8 71 not the same??? If its coming from under the blower case where it mounts to the intake - it may be a far worse issue - if the end plate has to come off totally - you will have to reset end play clearences, rotors ,etc. About all I know to tell you - I ve run the 671 blowers , and the B & M blowers, street and track -Not uncommon to see a little leakage from the drive or front cover - but not a lot.
    Hope this helps
    Mitch

3. 97

Does it have a pressure release valve in the front cover? They will build up pressure while in use , if there is no relief the gasket will leak.
    There must be someone servicing Jimmy blowers in Europe/UK . Try one of the Fuel or Top Alky drag racing teams.. most of those guys do their own service...