Register now to get rid of these ads!

concept drawings on hamb?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Stone, Oct 13, 2004.

1. Stone

Stone

Could you post some cool concept drawings?

2. Probably so, but in good taste why not refrain and let said "builder" cut his own throat?

3. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Goldchainer? Can't we let that term die?

Attached is an Ito rendering of a very high dollar car... Very tastefully done. I believe this car is being built currently...

Attached Files:

4. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Attached Files:

5. Stone

Stone

[ QUOTE ]
    Goldchainer? Can't we let that term die?

Attached is an Ito rendering of a very high dollar car... Very tastefully done. I believe this car is being built currently...

[/ QUOTE ]
    Sorry Ryan.I mean no dis respect just had a idea for a caption thought it would be funny.I will modify the idea.

6. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Attached Files:

7. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Attached Files:

8. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Chris Ito is a God... Man has one sharp pencil.

9. slammed

slammed

That Orange coupe is hot stuff. Look's wild Roth-ish '60's beach movie cool. C'mon lotto.........

10. So who on here does concept drawings on here?? I got an idea I want to see on paper, and am all thumbs as far as drawing is concerned.

11. slammed

slammed

Jeem. Brush. Come to mind 1st. Plenty more shall be named, by other HAMBer's.

12. Drewfus did a killer concept for me.

13. Mr Ito is a legend, I am a hack.........

Willing to have a go none the less, PM me.......

Cheers,

Drewfus [​IMG]

14. JimC

JimC
    from W.C.,Mo.

BDrake is GOOOOOD!

15. Holy shit. That Drake pic is fan-fuckin-tastic. you guys familiar with Fritz artwork? Those guys are on another planet altogether.

16. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Retrofire does them (Keith).

I have done some too.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Ito is great to work with. He did this drawing for my bubble top project.
    Clark

Attached Files:

18. Django...that 36 drawing is pretty cool!!
    Clark

19. [ QUOTE ]
    If I post some concept drawings that poke fun at Goldchainers and have a sign or caption that states this wheel made by ____(A certain goldchainer with a TV series)
    Could that be a problem legally?

[/ QUOTE ]

Copyright Law is a full time job.
    Typically,using someone else's name,or the name of their company,
    without their permission would be considered a violation of their copyrights.

And while exceptions to Copyright Laws are made for the purpose of Parody,
    I'm sure He can afford many more high profile Lawyers than you can.

So even of you were on solid ground,legally,it might cost a fortune to defend that ground.

---------

Some of those TV shows are a Parody of themselves,that should be enough. [​IMG]

20. Plowboy

Plowboy

Bass did this for me, its awesome! I've been showing it to anyone who will listen.

Tuck, Jeem, Brush, Django and I am sure a few more do them too.

Attached Files:

21. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Thanks Clark. I'm no Chris Ito though. All these years on the computer have really killed my pencil skills. [​IMG]

22. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Tooting my own horn...concept, albeit late model...2004 T-Bird with '57 T-Bird front and rear fenders...The car should be in the paint booth now...and be done in time for SEMA show. Done in pen and ink, colored markers.

Attached Files:

23. Bass

Bass
    from Dallas, TX

Thanks Plowboy...that was just a bad picture of a 5 minute sketch. I'd still like to do a more refined rendering...because I really like your idea.

I love doing concept drawings...I wish I got to do more of them.

Here's one I actually spent some time on...it was one of two that were in Classic Trucks Magazine last year (thanks Kevin!). I think I'm going to build this one someday:

[​IMG]

-Brian

24. Fraz

Fraz
    from Dixon, MO

Damn, Bass, that truck is NIIICE!!

Oh, and to mimic the other guys who've posted, Jeem, Brush, Bass, Ito, Django, and many others have mad talent, and would be an excellent choice to have draw up what you're wanting.

Go hit the HAMB O'Dex.

25. AHotRod

AHotRod

Ever since I saw the post from T of the renditioning done, I have been think seriously of looking for someone to do one for my project.
    This is a great thread.........

26. Stone

Stone

Awesome guys.Thanks for the info also.How much would it set me back for a concept drawing?I can't draw as good as my imagination can create yet.

27. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

since we are showing concept drawing here is one i had done a few yrs back for my wagon Im talking to Jeem about doing one for my Model A sedan project to keep me focused and on track.

Attached Files:

28. [ QUOTE ]
    How much would it set me back for a concept drawing?

[/ QUOTE ]

Like most things in life, you get what you pay for.

Pricing can be anything from say $20 up to the $2000 (well in my little world anyhow..). A common job that caters for most peoples tastes and 'vision' comes in at about$150-200 (10-12 hours work). Sometimes a quick and simple 20 minute sketch will be enough to portray the goal, obviously the price will drop to suit.
    The 'customer' really needs to be told/shown 'up front' what their $$$ will get (pricing based on time).

(Note: I appoligies if the following sounds like a SPAM effort as this is not my intent.....)

For example....
    * a quick 'A4' sketch (1/2h-2h) = $30
    * a detail 'A4' sketch (5-6h) = $120
    * an 'A3' Drawing from $150 upwards, depending on the detail(insert time) the customer wants.

These $$$ are just a general guide, as different people deserve different amounts based on various issues.

Also note, most artists (myself included) more often than not 'pimp' ourselves in that, just say, we are doing a 6 hour job, and at the end of the time were not happy, we'll tear it up start again until we're happy that the customer is getting a 'happy result'.

As an example, a quick preliminary sketch I did for Trent....

Cheers,

Drewfus [​IMG]

Attached Files:

29. I love seeing that pic! WAIT! I OWN that pic, and the truck I am going to build it out of [​IMG]

30. Not being rich enough to hire a real arteest, I gotta do all my own concept drarwings. I am a total hack as shown by my "concept drawing" of my old 37 Poncho 4 door. I wanted to see how it would look as a tudoor delivery.
    The 48 ford illustration was taken from a R&C magazine. I believe it's a Steve Stanford piece.
    Yeah, I sold it.

Attached Files: