Register now to get rid of these ads!

New Guy with more questions than answers.

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by 36 Moneypit, May 4, 2012.

1. 36 Moneypit

36 Moneypit

I've seen many posts from H.A.M.B. and I like what I've seen. Questions answered by people who have had similar issues,barring answers at least a point in the right direction. So I inherited a 1936 Fordor. The car has been stored inside for 40 years so condition is really good.It also came with some speed equipment(edelbrock 3x2 intake with 3 strom 97's, fenton headers).The motor however was "a work in progress". I have was also given a 8BA flathead..that motor is complete, it was running when purchased 15 years ago. I can get it to turn by hand to a point then it stops dead...go the other way same result. Just need to know how to proceed.Was really hoping to run it till the early flattie is back from machining.

2. Howdy there and welcome from Australia and a fellow '36 owner and flathead fan.

This is a good place, you'll like it here, it's good for information, making friends and best of all, a laugh!

I would pull the engine down to inspect it and give it a freshen up while your at it.

Post some pics of your '36.

Good luck!!

H.R.D.

3. dinokruzordinance

dinokruzordinance

Welcome to "the" forum. Congrats on ur 36 fordor. Post some pix of ur project. U might join the mn group if u havent already and find some local hambers to give ur project the once over in person. Start a thread when u get a plan together on ur build. It helps keep u moving in the right direction with feedback and support from ur new friends on the Hamb.

4. raymay

raymay

Welcome from New York.

5. mikeallcars

mikeallcars

Welcome from Tn, Pull the plugs and fill the chambers up with oil work it slowly by hand you may have rust on cylinder wall that is causing the piston rings to hang . Work the motor by hand turning to free it up .

6. 36 Moneypit

36 Moneypit

Thanks for the info and i will get some pics soon.

7. SaltCoupe

SaltCoupe
    from Indiana

Welcome to the H.A.M.B.

8. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

Welcome from Indy.