Register now to get rid of these ads!

Newbie from Utah

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by TrueBritt, Apr 17, 2014.

1. TrueBritt

TrueBritt
    from Utah

I have been a lurker here for quite some time but it is now time to make it official. I live in north eastern Utah and have all of my life, "32 years". I was raised with a love for cars, being greatly influinced by my dad who has had several different cars around while I was growing up with the most important being his 69 camaro he has had since high school. When I was 14 years old my parents bought me my first car with the agreement that they would buy it but I had to work and save the money to fix it up. It was a faded red 65 mustang with a rough running 289 and auto trans. By the time I turned 16 and was able to drive, with the new interior, tires, cragar wheels, and the new 2 chamber flowmasters, the mustang was coming along nicely, and was a blast to drive. The summer before my senior year it was time for a paint job. With the help of my dad who is a mechanic by trade we got the car all stripped drown, quarter panel replaced, new shelby hood, and all of the body work done it was time to prime and paint. At 16 years old I did my first paint job and sprayed the car with martin senior single stage vermillion red. Which is still on the car today 16 years later, "with 3 kids who love to play and ride in the car its hard to put a show car paint job on it now". That paint job planted a seed in me. There was so much satisfaction in standing back and looking at all of your hard work. After high school I moved Orem Ut to attend UVSC and enrolled in there auto body program. After 2 years of college I moved back home and went to work as a painter in a local body shop where I was there for 8 years, and in that time I married my high school sweatheart and started a family. In 2008 I quit the body shop and got a job working in the oil and gas industry which is where I am still working and enjoying today. My current project is a 31 Model A coupe which is going on a Kiwi Konnection 32 chassis powerd by a 292 Y block with 3 stromberg 97's. I look forward to continue learning from you all as this site has a wealth of valuable information.

2. TrueBritt

TrueBritt
    from Utah

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1397745313.316296.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1397745395.096923.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1397745450.083972.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1397745509.449569.jpg

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

3. Bruskie

Bruskie

4. Welcome from CT!

5. uncle max

uncle max
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Welcome from SLC!

6. elgringo71

elgringo71

Welcome from South Carolina.

7. s55mercury66

s55mercury66
    from SW Wyoming

I'm a former bodyman now in the oilfield also. Welcome from SW Wyoming.