Register now to get rid of these ads!

greetings from the road!

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by DeathbeforeDecaf, Apr 15, 2014.

1. See my album for the last two days. I have a 1950 chevy fleetline 4 door that i have spent the last 4 years bringing back from the swamp which it came four years ago. Countless hours of rust repair, chopping and fabbing but she is now legal and the only car i own. Im currently just across california state line and towing thousands of pounds of everything i own in a 4 by 8 trailer. (One bag of clothes and all my tools) im moving from tenessee to so-cal. As soon as i get there im dragging everything up three floors into our tiny apartment and taking off for viva in vegas this weekend. I have learned almost everything i know from this forum and would hate to start off on the wrong foot so i will keep it short. Its time for me to give back here. Im 26 been working as a tech for four years and spent everynight in my garage sitting in what was left of my floorpan imagining this very day. Its good to be on the road. I have tons of build pics but for now, uploaded a handful from the road trip. 2300 miles in 2 and a half days. I lost a 3-2 downshift solenoid last nigjt and as a result lost lock-up. I fixed it this morning in a trans bath outside a motel 6 in barstow. She is modern ls powered so i will keep engine related posts out of it as not to offend you guys. Thanks for all the knowledge and i look forward to someday building rods with more people than myself. Its hard to stay motivated. I would love to help anyone in the so-cal area if needed. Cheers. See yall at viva

Faster than a speeding ticket

Last edited: Apr 15, 2014
  2. Last edited: Apr 15, 2014
  3. Model T1

Model T1

Welcome and good luck on your relocation three floors up out west.

4. Thanks my friend. I have an album uploaded finally sorry about that last post

Faster than a speeding ticket

5. welcome to the forum ...

6. tkmark

tkmark
    1. 49-54 Chevy Cars

Car look great Man!!! somethin tells me ya' swapped grills :) I'm coming up on 3 years with my 50 Fleetline 4 door and hope to have her runnin late this summer. Have fun at Viva!!!!

7. Welcome from CT!

8. amadeus

amadeus

L.A. Welcomes you!

9. Welcome. I appreciate your youthful enthusiasm and wish you all the best in SoCal but, one day I think you'll want to return to Tennessee. Enjoyed your pics from the road.

10. thanks everybody! yeah i did swap to a 51 grille and 51 front fenders because my old fenders were to far gone. i will be uploading pictures of the chop this evening.

11. Welcome from Lanexa Virginia, Home of Johnrodz

12. amadeus

amadeus

I my self would love to see pics and a tech article of your motor install etc. Post on the "Traditional Styled" section and you should be good. This is what being a Hot Rodder/Customizer is all about! Like an old timer told me once " We used the best we could afford and what we could make work to go fast and be safe on the road back in the day" Im sure that the LS motor would have been used had it been available back then! If a purist doesnt like your car or the thread he doesnt have to read it.

Thanks!
    JW