Register now to get rid of these ads!

Round 2 Sydney Dragway/Waterslide

Discussion in 'HA/GR' started by spanners, Apr 13, 2014.

1. spanners

spanners

Well sports fans it was another wash-out at Sydney. Three qualifying runs done and then the weather turned to shit. Honestly, if anyone needs a drought broken just build a dragstrip and it will fall from the sky.
    Actually, that was the thing. If it flogged down you'd sit around, wait for it to pass, dry out the track and off you go. Nup, piddley drizzle on and off all day, put them on the trailers and head home.
    Full credit to the track staff who did their best to keep things on schedule despite the delays.
    A mixed bag of runs for everyone in qualifying. Broken belts, missed gear changes, carby linkages falling off and Al watching fuel coming from his exhaust pipes squirting over his left shoulder and then an electrical gremlin shorting out his ignition and thermo fans on the same run. Pretty uneventful day really.
    I'll get some video going but the camera isn't responding to commands Captain! If I push it too hard the warp core could blow any minute! It got wet and didn't like it at all.
    Peter.

2. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

Sounds like another fun day of drag racing.

3. Old28

Old28

Well Peter, I wish your rain builder idea was true, but we have had the "Patch" Famoso Raceway in Bakersfield, Ca for over 50 years and we can't buy rain to same our lives, looks like we topped out at 4" this year.:eek::eek:

Sorry the weather fouled the weekend races. We will hope for better next time.;)