Register now to get rid of these ads!

How To Post Photos.. Photobucket

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by J.Fishbeck, Oct 31, 2012.

1. I read this quite often, but tonight I wondered what I could possibly be missing when they can't post a picture. So yes, once again this is self serving only for my own pleasure.

Here goes

Upload your picture to Photobucket (easy enough)

Edit your photo and resize it to 800 x 600

Left click on the 'Direct Link' window under the photo
    (or to the right if you're not in the gallery page, they're the same thing)
    Now right click on the 'Direct Link' window, and choose 'COPY'

Now, toggle back to the HAMB..

First you have to left click in the response/message box, cos wherever you place the cursor.. is where the picture is going to be!

Now, just above the response box, the yellow icon(the one with the mtns & sun) Left click it, an it will say -"Please enter the URL of your image"
    Right click in that window, and choose paste..
    It will look something like this

http://iXXX.photobucket.com/albums/o999/yomamma/97099- TraditionalPicture.jpg

Then click the 'OK' icon.. and Vi-Ola! There it be.. wherever you had the cursor in the response box, is where the picture posts.

They look better with a single space between them. The way I do that, is after the picture is posted, the cursor will be on the lower left corner. So I hit the 'right arrow' once, then hit 'enter' twice.. an it's ready for another picture with one space between them.

I'll add more as I think about it

2. You can use this thread to practice posting pictures.

3. VoodooTwin

VoodooTwin
    from Noo Yawk

Woohoo, Tech Week is back! :D

[​IMG]

4. Haa.. Good one!

5. blue 49

blue 49
    from Iowa

I am new to photobucket and I don't see anything that says "Direct Link" under my pictures.

6. butch27

butch27

Me neither??

7. Ester Eddie

Ester Eddie
    from Alaska

It gives you direct link option or html code or img code

8. hopped up

hopped up
    from So Cal

[​IMG]
    Hey that was easy....Oh yeah!

9. Here's the Direct Link on PB

Look for the cursor in both pics

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. oldwagonlover

oldwagonlover

11. oldwagonlover

oldwagonlover

Didn't work for me?

12. "Hopped up" did it.. so I know my (lack of) instruction is vague enough to get some through the procedure. Get familiar and read and then re-read it 'ALL' again.

Hope that helps

13. hopped up

hopped up
    from So Cal

Yep! If i got it...You will as well

14. willys1

willys1
    from South Ga

[​IMG]

15. willys1

willys1
    from South Ga

Yeah...............about that resize...lmao

16. hopped up

hopped up
    from So Cal

WOOW! This one is with resize.

[​IMG]

17. Sometimes PB doesn't play nice, and size things right away. But come back a couple hours later an it will be what you wanted in the first place. Don't know why.. jus' is!

18. I use photobucket and I never resize anything.

19. I find it easier to size 'em down, then it is trying to make 'em bigger. Quicker, no.. but a little more forgiving

20. Ramblur

Ramblur

21. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

You don't need to click that direct link crap. Put your cursor on the pic. Different options will show up under the pic. Scroll down and left click on the last option (IMG code). The writting will change to "copied". Then, go to the HAMB, and right click where you want the pic to go. Done.

Set your pics to 600X800 and they will always be the size that looks the best on forum pages.

22. This Delivery, bums me out.. My favorite of all the 57s, plus it's rarity, not to mention I have everything to rescue it! Damn shame. Great picture though

I will try that, thanks.. I learned something!

23. NickJT

NickJT
    from S.E. PA

You can set your default picture size in Photobucket to something forum friendly and then never worry about resizing.

When I want to save a pic in full size/full resolution for my own use, I do that and then edit it down to a forum size and save that one for that purpose.

24. I had mine set to the size, but of I need to crop it, it becomes too small. So I just do it the long way.

25. Dominick Hide

Dominick Hide

How can I down load direct to photobucket from my camera? Currently I am having to load to the computer first and then to photobucket from there.

26. NEWFISHER

NEWFISHER
    from Oregon

yep...thats how you do it. Newer smart phones have a linked application that allows you to go direct

27. It's enough to piss me off on my laptop. I've seen the mobile app, but don't even want to wait for things to upload from my phone. Unless I'm using wifi, and then I might as well use the laptop.

Happy posting..

28. Kevin Lee

Kevin Lee
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

I hate photobucket. Or rather, hate threads with pictures that came from photobucket.

Ever look up an old thread and find all of the really great and useful pictures missing? That's because they were living somewhere else and an album got moved, deleted, "exceeded bandwidth" etc.

What's wrong with just uploading your pics here?

29. Truthfully, I only know how to post from PB. Uploading pics to the hamb, is that the small pics you have to click on to enlarge?

30. 34Flatty

34Flatty

appreciate the help...and I'm pretty sure I am going to rebuild a car around a tree next to my house now...what an awesome picture Ramblur! and yes...I realize it grew up through the car.