Register now to get rid of these ads!

Bill Hines Shop - Custom Cars From The Planet Hines

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by SuperFleye, Feb 11, 2008.

1. SuperFleye

SuperFleye
    Alliance Vendor

Coming to the states in April for the Lonestar Roundup and VLV, we are going to cruise around LA visiting everything that is worth visiting. It would have been cool to stop by Bill Hines' Shop. Does anyone know where his shop is located, and has anyone stopped by there?

From looking at his website: http://www.billhinestheleadslinger.com/ it looks like "Custom Cars From The Planet Hines" has a shop on Long Beach, but it doesn't say where.... maybe that is a hint that he don't want people to come and bother him all the time... I don't know, all I know is that Bill Hines is a really cool legend when it comes to kustomizing cars, and it seems like he is still active doing what he knows best :)

2. pimpin paint

pimpin paint
    from so cal

Hey,

Ya may wanna drop Mr. Hines an e-mail and see if he would be up
    to a visit. Bill isn't a "George Barris''character, he hasen't been one
    to dance in the limelite!
    The last time I dropped in on Bill, he was workin' on a Merc. that
    had previously been worked over by Dick Dean. He was not a happy
    man.

Swankey Devils C.C.

"Meanwhile, back aboard The Tainted Pork"

3. SuperFleye

SuperFleye
    Alliance Vendor

Hehe, good advice, I'll try that :)
    When you say it, he doesn't seem so happy either :)

4. Digger61

Digger61

Yeah last time I was in LA I made a special trip to north hollywood to see Barris's shop, looked through the window then went in and explained we [me and the wife] were from the uk and would love to have a breif look around! We were to no as they were not allowed to let people wander around. the staff wernt busy and geeorge was just sitting there and didnt seem to care less. I was gutted as when I was a kid I looked up to him.

5. pimpin paint

pimpin paint
    from so cal

Hey,

I've nothing but deep respect for each of these gentelmen, as they
    had done more for the" kustom car world ", before I was born, than
    I ever will. Keep in mind, both of these guys are up there in years,
    and have been through alot. From the mid 70s to the late 80s ( the
    dark years for kustoms), not many knew these guys were still alive,
    now "Hollywood Types, Viedo Jackoffs and Cable Clowns" all want
    a piece of their "glow". Ya can't blame them for wantin' their "space"
    at times.

Swankey Devils C.C.

6. 53burb

53burb

I hung out with him and his 2 grandkids at the GNRS this year. He is a very humble and down to earth individual. The grand kids both work with him down at the shop. I will try and find the # that they gave me and will pm it to ya. I wonder if he sleeps with that cigar in his mouth? KNUX!

7. Hey Superfleye

You should give FLAT-TOP-BOB a shout and ask him if he would give you a tour around his grand salvage yard in Wellinton TX. He is a great guy and he'll be at the Round up. You could easy cruise (85 mph) up with him from Austin like we did last April!

Klaus

8. John Denich

John Denich

Why is it every one of your posts is of you name dropping??? what do you mean when you say you hung out with them? I really don't care but everyone of your posts is just like this!!!!

9. SuperFleye

SuperFleye
    Alliance Vendor

That is true, they deserve al the respect they can get!

Thanks for the advice Klaus :)

10. low49

low49
    from 209and408

that is sum funny shit. sound like a kiss ass know it all ha ha !!!!

11. low49

low49
    from 209and408

we have alot of those kind up here to ha ha

12. jawdrpn36

jawdrpn36
    from bay area

Would love to see 53 burb's CARS since he knows so much about everything and everyone.I bet if you ask billy gibson and jesse james if they know him they wont have a clue who he is !!!!!knuxxxxxxxx

13. Goozgaz

Goozgaz

Timebomb drops the GOOZ name all the time. Get's him the best seat at The Sizzler on Tuesday nights.

:D

14. My boys go to school with his grandkids. His son lives here in Yorba Linda and does a carshow at the Civic Center every year. He's a real nice guy. One of his grandkids drives around in a black,chopped '57 Chevy wagon,with a Buick grill,he did years ago. The plate says "Hines 57".

15. John Denich

John Denich

Hey Gooz its not working anymore at the Sizzler can I come over for dinner?? or maybe 53Burb will let me drop Billy's name:D

16. Mention MY name and you can have the best seat in the place at Jay Bee's BBQ on Avalon. Gooz's brother in law at the Sizzler got deported last week, that's why he don't have the juice there anymore. They got a new busboy.

17. Eryk

Eryk

Haha, ouch.

We didn't cross the border. The boarder crossed us.:D

18. Kustom7777

Kustom7777
    from Austin, TX

bob,,,you forgot to say KNUX!..hahah...just busting your balls....

19. 53burb

53burb

I guess my skin just got thicker. I just know and bump into these kats just like the rest of us on here. You ever think that maybe I leave a lasting impression to people and they welcome me when I see them again. So, lets just drop the name drop'in. It's called being approuchable and down to earth. Try it sometimes, it works....wink! KNUX!

20. low49

low49
    from 209and408

now we have to knux on the hamb.

21. 53burb

53burb

jawdrpn36 go ahead and ask. They do know me. Amazing what comes off this site lately. Turning me off more and more everyday. Ever wonder that I do know my shit and do have cars underconstruction? But you wouldn't know....since I don't know you and don't judge you but you seem to? Blows my mind. Whatever....KNUX!

22. tommy v

tommy v

knux, thats what my black freind call the klann

23. 53burb

53burb

Sorry. I don't support the klan. To all, have a great weekend and enjoy...oh and to all that like to keep talking smack, bring it on when you see me at a car show. I would like to see the same talk that comes from behind a computer. KNUX!

24. tommy v

tommy v

hey,you should try out for the ufc :eek:

25. UFC? Un Finished Cars?...LMAO!!!!! Leave Knux alone. He's an easy target,and yes...it's fun to bag on him,HA HA HA! Bring it on Burb! Where's the Octagon?....I can drop names too! I know Tank Abbott,LOL!!!

26. Chris Casny

Chris Casny

I'd say, give KNUX a break, he not that bad of a guy, he just oversteps his boundaries, a bit too often. He's an "acquired taste".

27. Like escargo?

28. pimpin paint

pimpin paint
    from so cal

Hey,

" Let he who has no shit on his sandals be the first to cakewalk
    on the faces of we the sheep "
    - Robert Williams-

Swankey Devils C.C.

29. DrJ

DrJ

GOOOOD BBQ!!
    At least it was back when Jay Bee was the only cook.

Would that be at the indoor picnic table by the order counter or the outdoor picnic table with the fifty eight layer graffitti paint job? ;)

I remember eating at Jay Bee's at the culdesac at the South end of San Pedro St. almost every day when I worked on Alondra in Compton back in the early '70's.
    In fact, I believe I ate there the first day the place was open for business!

30. John Denich

John Denich

what was this thread about again?????