Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects New Lace, Scales, Sunburst Candy job on Birds Roof

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by TULSA, Apr 19, 2014.

1. TULSA

TULSA
    from Tulsa

I have had this car since August of last year. Almost of RECORD length for me! Anyway it was bone stock, previous owner had it since 78, and kept it in great shape. It had a dented fender and dent in roof where tree limb fell.

I replaced the fender, and recently started working on the roof. Doug Hakey at Vintage Speed & Color helped me with the paint. (Same as Toasts Fairlane wagon) We only had one day to spend on it, and we needed all of it for a lace, scale, sunburst candy paint job. Its not flawless or perfect, but for the timeframe we had, it turned out great!

Mounted the ol tires on some new Cragar Eliminator 500 wheels and cleaned the whole car up! The rest of the body is not as shiny and nice as pictures show. I will be working on few rust spots and dents, and plan to give it a similar light blue color in future.

Had to get it ready for Stray Kat 500 up in Dewey, Ok here in a few weeks!

Here is when I first got the car (the good side, both dents were on pass side)

[​IMG]

Today

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Toast

Toast
    from Jenks, OK

Looks great!

3. TULSA

TULSA
    from Tulsa

Thanks, not as in depth as yours, but Doug does great work!!

4. VNTGE41

VNTGE41
    from l.a.

Looks good man!

5. luckystiff

luckystiff

the biggest thing i see it needs is to be 2-4" closer to the ground. getting rid of that fender gap up front and sinking that rear skirt lip down to where it's closer to centercap level would change the overall view of that thing a bunch. glad to see someone else jump on the eliminators. they are a cool wheel that for some reason seems to be going damn near ignored. very similar to the fenton shark and cragar g/t plus wheels from the 60s especially if you paint the "windows" of the spokes which i plan to do when i put them on the unibody project. i'm ordering 2 15x8s this week for test fits. i know they will fit fine out back and i would like to run 8s all around but it may end up being 7s front and 8s rear.

but back to subject i think i lighter blue body and a little drop and that thing will be killer....

6. pbr40

pbr40
    from NW Indiana

Looks rad to me! You just airbrush black on the fish scales ?