Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Top Notch Meatheads... Err, Strugglers...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Mar 26, 2012.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Last edited: Mar 26, 2012
  2. Gator

Gator

Hope so, I'd like to see them.

3. Javier

Javier
    1. Strugglers C.C.

Thanks for coming out Saturday night Ryan and spending quality time with us.The funny thing about it is that it was "The Strugglers C.C. 1st Annual Blessing of the Cars"event.No offense though considering many of our car club members take part in every "MeatHeads" event,never the less that would explain the lack of BBQ smokers and pig heads laying around.Thanks for the support and nice words about the "MeatHeads", and we hope you take the drive out to Taylor on April the 12th for the Lone Star Round Up Kick Off BBQ,where we'll be smoking Brisket,Pork Butt and Sausage for all to enjoy

4. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Well, shit... that's embarrassing. I blame my misstep entirely on the free beer. So, in a way... this is ALL YOUR FAULT!

Now, I'm going to go edit my post to give credit where credit is due. Sorry about that fellas... It really was a cool deal and just one of those nights that worked, ya know? Very well done.

5. Javier

Javier
    1. Strugglers C.C.

It's not a big deal at all.The idea behind what both our car club and The MeatHeads do is basically the same thing,it's all about bringing people out with their cars to get together and have a good time.We're just happy how successful both groups events have been.Thanks again for the support

6. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I think I'm just gonna go lie in my closet... in the fetal position... I feel like a real idiot. My only savior is that I'm a really appreciate one.

I owe the Strugglers now. And I pay my debts. My office... I'll supply the beer... anytime.

7. KCsledz

KCsledz

Uh-oh. That sounds dangerous! Just keep the door open!

8. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

That's so funny....best part is you didn't go back and erase it. Lots of good things and people down there in TX. Looking forward to eating some of that good food on starting April 12th when I get there.

Viva la Meatheeee....errrrr Strugglers!!!

9. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Erasing your mistakes creates skeletons in your closet. And with all those bones in there, how can you reasonably lie in the fetal position while clutching your wubbie? It's just common sense really. Face your mistakes head on.

But I know how this happened now. See, I've been head down the last few weeks on a project. I haven't had time to wipe ass... And you will all see why in a couple of months... But anyway and as a result, I didn't know about this shindig until Saturday afternoon when I got a text from Joyo.

So we all met at my attorney's house... Seeing as I was driving, I decided to stay away from the hard stuff. Joyo on the other hand... well, he had a good time. A very good time and a ride home. And it was JOYO that misinformed me. That little bastard probably did it on purpose too...

Hell, I even had my car blessed. I remember thinking immediately after, "Man, Austin is weird. I love this random place."

10. BLAKE

BLAKE

A few - taken later in the evening, so they don't capture the slam-packed hubbub that transpired earlier in the afternoon... 140 cars, 3 bands, free beer, and an outdoor movie... with tater tots.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

You had me at Tator Tots....which also happens to be the last thing you said so I don't think it works as well there.

RYAN, all I can say was I was doing work for Darwas on Thursday and that son of a bitch was so tight lipped on what ever you were working on that I couldn't get anything and I do mean anything out of him. Our correspondence went something like this....

Darwas: I need you to design something for me

Me: Ok I can do that. What's it for

Darwas: Can't tell you.

Me: C'mon, how the hell can I know my direction.

Darwas: I've been sworn to secrecy and if I told you I'd have to kill you and I know your Polish people have been through a lot so I don't want to do that.

Me: I hate Romanians....

Daarwas: I'm Hungarian Guy.

Me: Whatever... I'll have it by 8pm tonight GUY.

:D:D:D

12. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

I read Strugglers and thought of KIRK! and his Snugglers!

Great pics there Blake!

13. JJK

JJK

Damn Blake those pictures are legit! What type of camera are you shooting with?

14. el spanky72

el spanky72
    from ATX

Honest mistake Ryan, and there were plenty of Lone Star tallboys - :)
    Here's at least one link to some pics from the show:
    https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.267229873358252.62974.100002137233818&type=1

As Javi already mentioned, thanks for the kind words.

Definitely make it out to the Pre-Round Up BBQ in Taylor on 4/12 for the true meatastic fun. Great spot this year, good people, and even some musical entertainment. Oh yeah, and it's free!

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=677854

Thanks for coming out!

15. el spanky72

el spanky72
    from ATX

Blake, thanks for making the debut of my roached out coupe even better with the awesome pic, are you sure you didn't do some airbrushing on that body? Hahaha

16. Abomb

Abomb

To err is human...of course, I never thought Ryan was human. Turns out he is, and seems to be the "stand up guy" variety too....

17. pinkynoegg

pinkynoegg

Top Notch has some of the best burgers in town. Wish I could have made it out

18. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I dug up some evidence...

What time should we set up the firing squad for Joyo?

Attached Files:

• joyo.jpg
      joyo.jpg
      File size:
      159.9 KB
      Views:
  19. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

Joyo misinformed you intentionally.

It was all meant to embarrass and humble you as retaliation for comments previously made regarding realty shows

Especially a new one coming out on Discovery TV...and it is based in YOUR town!

paybacks are hell.

20. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Further evidence suggests I might have been a pawn in an evil plot of sorts. I can only hope the Strugglers weren't somehow involved in this mess.

Attached Files:

21. Hahaha!

You guys are having FUN...

That's the most important thing!

Sam

22. BLAKE

BLAKE

Can I have a moment to confer with my client...?

23. BLAKE

BLAKE

Thanks... I think it's a Nikon... I'll have to check...

24. JD Miller

JD Miller

25. This sounds like a bad tourist t-shirt slogan, but the Swamp Kings are also eating club disguised as a car club... or a racing club... We also have a secret blue humor/dick joke appreciation club...

26. Slick Willy

Slick Willy

Blake, it looks like you picked up the ghost of Michael Jackson doing Smooth Criminal in that last pic!:D Thanks for the pics!

As always, looked like good times and great cars!

27. duste01

duste01

Thanks Ryan for admitting that you are Human, family oriented, and anti social. I feel right at home now. Dusty

28. Javier

Javier
    1. Strugglers C.C.

Sounds good,were always looking for a reason to drive through the hill country..But mainly were just happy you're making it out to our little events.

29. truckjim

truckjim

30. truckjim

truckjim

I agree. Some of the best car picts Ive ever seen.....

THANKS!