Register now to get rid of these ads!

I Miss My Cosmo

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jive-Bomber, Feb 16, 2011.

1. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

2. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

Doc, is that you?

3. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

I have pics of that car at the Strangers show at the Ford parts place in Cupertino.

where is it now?

4. lownrusty

lownrusty

I have pictures of that car imbedded in my memory!!!:D

5. DeadFast 33

DeadFast 33
    from Santa Cruz

Jay- My neighbors got one that's been sitting since before I was born???? He looks like death and his wife says he's knockin' on deaths door every time I see her.........

FLiP

6. flamingokid

flamingokid

Shortly after my Dad and I sold our Glenn Pray Cord 810,I got a call from my Dad.A guy that works at the advertising agency with him had a friend who needed to get rid of a project 50 Chevy.I listened.I remembered my Dad telling me about some bright kid from Oklahoma who had a little website that dealt in Kustoms.Pops gave me the number and after a few minutes,the deal was done.The next day or so,the seller called back and asked if I wanted it delivered for 500.00 extra and I was like "Hell yeah!!".Less than a week later,the car was at my Dad's house and she was a beauty.She was solid,but needed a lot of attention to detail.

Over the next several months,I did small projects on her and cleaned it up.My Dad was on me to get it on the road,but my company took way too much of my time.I moved it to my brother in laws garage,as my neighborhood has restrictions on rebuilding cars in the driveway.70-80 hours a week in sales doesn't leave you a lot of time to work on a hot rod.

One morning,I was reading the classifieds and I saw a guy in there who was buying hot rods and I gave him a call.He came right out,took one look at it,and gave me my price.I asked him if he wanted to hear it run and he said "Oh,it's got a motor?".Guess I sold her too cheap,but I made money.

BTW,I didn' t get the promotion,even though I outsold the other guy.Looking back on it now,I should've quit the job,not the car.

7. the-rodster

the-rodster

IMHO, not the prettiest car ever made.

I just can't get past those headlights.

Kinda neat, in a "dare to be different" way.

Rich

8. BOWTIE BROWN

BOWTIE BROWN

WTF.....Iam lost for words. Have we not all been there?

9. vegas

vegas

I think that Lincoln looked awesome! You don't see too many of those, stock or modified!

10. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

Its tough when you put your heart into building a car.

11. BeatnikPirate

BeatnikPirate
    from Media, Pa.

Interesting story. Neat car. A long time ago I read a magazine article about the Lincoln Cosmo. The author irreverently referred to it as a "waterbuffalo with sunkin eyes." No offense intended. I think it's cool.:)

12. I remember that car....

13. Jim

Jim

here ya go, 2002 Swanx Fall Fiasco..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  14. 49 lincoln

49 lincoln
    from reno

Thanks for the inspiration! 10 years is pretty long to own a car. I'm just over 5 years or so, and haven't thought about selling yet. Came with a box of parts labled: "Stinkin' Lincoln". My brother even has a 351 cleveland I've been thinking about. Hope you build another one someday!

Last edited: Feb 16, 2011
  15. Jarzenhotrods

Jarzenhotrods
    from .......

What a really great looking Lincoln. I toy with the idea of selling my Lincoln too but know that I will be in a world of regret after I do it.

16. Ah, the Stinkin'. Good times.

17. sololobo

sololobo

I understand why you miss it. What an ass kicker, I have seen so few of these and they kinda say somethin like Marilyn Monroe to me. Be-f'n-uti-ful! So round, so firm, so fully packed! ~sololobo~

18. Not a Cosmo unfortunately but a Baby Lincoln is close ...
    My project Lincoln taken at a swapmeet here in NZ at the weekend.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. 39cent

39cent
    from socal

I dont recall any custom Cosmo,s in my area backinthday. Altho I had a side job to act as a chauffer driving a couple of well to do elderly widows to L.A, or Palm Springs. They had a 50 Cosmo, and this was around 58 or 59. It was a real nice cruiser and I loved the way it drove, just like a big Lincoln should.

20. Retroline

Retroline

Remember the car from here and also from trying to bid on it.:(

21. Vic Piano

Vic Piano
    from Odessa, FL

Now I've got the fever again... I'll have to get busy on our '49 Cosmo rag top...
    [​IMG]

22. Vic Piano, Nice! I think you had a really nice red '51 pickup that I commented on over on Fordbarn that I really liked with a juiced up flathead. That is one of my favorite trucks ever!!

23. wow, what a stunning car, I always liked them better than the Mercs.

24. chop32

chop32

Jim,
    I was going to post a similar pic, but you beat me to it!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  25. lincolnlog

lincolnlog
    from Arizona

I love this car. This is what I envisioned when I bought mine, but it's too nice. It also came from a basement garage in SF, small world.

26. kid415

kid415

Hey Jive Bomber,I remember your Cosmo back in the day.It was parked on 11th and Kirkham in the Sunset before you bought it.I passed it on my way to school everyday! I thought City Tow hauled it away.Your a miracle worker man because it was a big ugly rust bucket before you flipped it.Much props,you have skillz Sir!

27. wow i cant believe ive never seen a lincoln cosmo before its great!!!!

28. 2devilles

2devilles

I know this is an old post, but I saw your car on eBay (also Craigslist), started doing a little research, and came across this post. Just thought you might still be looking for it. I'll find the CL ad and link it for you too, but here it is on eBay. I've got nothing to do with the car or the owners, just figured I'd try to help a fellow car guy possibly get one of his loves back.

Lucas

https://www.ebay.com/itm/114894040745?hash=item1ac037eea9:g:NNcAAOSwOndgzK47

29. 2devilles

2devilles