Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration *** Friday Art Show August 2, 2013 ***

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 57 Corvette ~ Bob, Aug 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. custom_lettering

custom_lettering
    from Wall, NJ

2. Great, great show everyone! I wanna comment on so many.
    I will.. before the show goes to the archives...

Been a rough week for me. In honor of that and because I can't get a minute to draw something new for the FAS... how about some roughs...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. verde742

verde742

Well I will tell you what I feel, DICK. Those guys that press those buttons that make pretty pictures may not be artists, I am not a judge.. but, for an old guy sitting in a chair, I will tell you I enjoy every bodies efforts. SOOO, Maybe this friday thing, is a part of the HAMB, that "is just not yer thing". If you didn't stop here , maybe you would have a happier life... I am happy, and I want everybody to be happy.

4. Varin-Maeus

Varin-Maeus
    from Scio, OR

A few minutes ago,I was suddenly overcome with a desire to share some of my computer manipulated photography here. I really can't explain it. It's just something I must do.

[​IMG]
    Don't see too many of these in my neck of the woods.

[​IMG]
    You gotta love a car that advertises its disc brakes right on the wheel covers.

5. I think the art show is open to all forms of car related artistic expression.
    Even naked girls sitting on motors, which is my fave for the week !!!!

Here's my humble submission this go round.
    Doodled it at work today.

[​IMG]

6. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

Stellar Bob! I love this effect and how well it goes with this car. I hope I run into it some time since it is from around here.

Jeff - everything you do is superb and spot on, but for some reason I especially like this one.

WhateverWeber - your concept is great! Keep those coming.
    Buick59 - those low rider pics look amazing! I can't wait to see the book.
    Frogz - that 57 Ford wagon Rocks, but all your visions do.

Definitely do more of these engines, Steve. Very cool!
    sacredkustoms - line or no line - that is one hot piece of art!
    JulieG - Welcome to FAS! Great first post.

Absolutely one of your best ever, Ken! Fantastic!!

This is so cool!

7. you know its really funny. because i tried editing photos on the computer and what i can do i not art. i would sure like to see your work since its so easy...

im really glad that you felt the need to show some "non-art"; it looks good. by the way i really like your regular work also.

8. Unforgettable. Truly fine art!

Thanks Wild Willy- snow oil I dig
    Garrettero- EldoMesa '27- dig
    Thanks Kenmo, '57 CorvetteBob, VonZemo, Dave50, WhateverWeber
    RealKustom51- Is Cory- Is good..
    Dan Greenberg- Thanks for '50 So Fine & engine-couragement..
    Jigger- Namaste- liking Mopar, Gal 'vert & always a sucker for anything /MP. I'm a super stock lovin' fool.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 2, 2013
  9. WhateverWeber

WhateverWeber

Wow, some great stuff this week and most every week!
    I don't comment much 'cause I don't really feel qualified to judge others work here and hell nobody asked me to. I am just a tee shirt artist who's happy to be a part of the show. Not everything I see may be my cup o tea, but I can just scroll down. ;)
    Oh and welcome Command-z!

10. Del Swanson

Del Swanson
    from Racine, WI

I call this "totally awesome car art". It's my latest. Hold on....I have to wipe the sweat off of my finger tip...there! Phew, a whole 15 seconds. I've said this before and have gotten whined at here on the board. But what most don't know is I received a TON of personal messages THANKING me for saying what I did. I'll say it again, CREATING SOMETHING is art. Using tools such as a camera, a brush or a computer is great. As long as it comes from your mind, through the tool and into the finished product, it's art. If it comes from the tool, it's something else. This is the "Friday art show", not the "Friday something else show". This was started for artists to show off their artwork, get some inspiration and possibly constructive criticism. There is so much PC back slapping and reach around's here that when someone says ANYTHING negative, people act like their dog just got kicked (I say that because apparently it's worse than child abuse). Here's an idea, how about starting a "Friday Filter Show"? Then everyone's happy!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 2, 2013
  11. OK Del. Youre right. As for myself, I've gone back & deleted my Political Correctness. I'm not sure if I reach around- never heard that one.
    I remember Zombie hammering the rat rod photos popping up here. Haven't seen him since. Which is a shame. I'd rather see Zombie's art than some pro- fairground rat rod fakery.

12. Del Swanson

Del Swanson
    from Racine, WI

I want to reiterate, Photography IS an art! I'm better now, I just ate a Snickers.....

13. I dont follow the history of what Del is rambling about but i absolutely agree with his closing statement, separate photography and drawings, and if the art lands somewhere in the middle. call it as you see it. its all still artistic.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  15. kenmo

kenmo

I like this...:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.