Register now to get rid of these ads!

Logos & Decals

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Jun 20, 2007.

1. Bullington

Bullington
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Thanks for the kind words, PM me your address and I will send you some decals.

2. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

Look in old car mags for stories on the L.A. Roadsters "Clubhouse". One pic in an old R&C shows Normie Poo sitting in a chair next to trophies emblazoned with swastikas sitting on the display shelves next to him.

3. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

A couple favorites to enjoy with a beer:D

Attached Files:

4. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

Found it!

Attached Files:

5. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

One of my favorites is the Car Craft Street Machine nationals stickers from back in the '80s.
    My 1985 sticker is the only one on my Snap-On box at work!

6. Great Logos! Anyone know where I can get some vintage stickers?

7. Casey

Casey
    Member Emeritus

great thread ryan. I wonder If one could print these on to a sticky back semi gloss paper and make stickers ?
    I have a color printer good for pictures, and a new tool box that need`s sticker`s ! has any one tryed to do this ?

8. graverobber63

graverobber63
    Alliance Vendor

Besides Moon, does anyone else repop old decals?

9. Muttley

Muttley

I have a bunch of REAL ones for sale here. Some of them are sold out right now but I'll be getting another shipment soon.

10. brandon

brandon

try ken mann at pastlane......he's usually in the back of rod and custom....tons of old decals.....brandon:D

11. FritzTownFord

FritzTownFord

Duh, yeah :-/

Senior moment. I guess I'm one of those 50%. Well the image still still stands.

12. I'm sure I wasn't the only HAMBer that thought: "Wow! Cool decals, wish they were 25 times smaller so I could put them on my model kits."

Well, you can thank me later (or send beer), but I just spent a few hours shrinking most of them down to less than quarter of an inch, and pasting them into a single page.

There's six of each, plus some extra Moon decals (can never have too many), plus extra STP stickers, because I like them too. :)

You can download it from HERE...

Then do a search for 'make your own water decals' on the web and you'll find a bunch of info and suppliers. Or, you could try your local hobby shop.

Remember, you will need to get the decal paper and then special decal film that you spray or brush over the printout to seal the ink.

13. Zumo

Zumo

I can't believe I missed this post. I was laid off in mid July and I am still out of work. I have a few good prospects so we'll see. Anyway, since I have been home I have really been focusing on my home graphic design business. I have made several logos for folks on here in the past, many this style. AL lot of time guys come with to me with an idea already in of there own, like the bullinton logo, or I will refer to logos from the past and try to recreate something new with the same look and feel. I think I like these "vintage" logos the best. Here are a few I am working on or have completed:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So if any of you need a logo for a business or a club logo for decals just let me know.

edcodesign likes this.
  14. Mr T body

Mr T body
    Alliance Vendor
    from BHC AZ

I REALLY like the 4th one down. I may a little biased though.....:D
    Thanks Andy

15. converseandbowlingshirts

converseandbowlingshirts
    from Eugene, OR

Do those old waterslide decals still work? I have a VERY old set of Moon decals.

16. Zumo

Zumo

I think they will but you may want to save them.

17. i'd like to ad a couple of my prized 1960's Ed Roth waterslide decals to your post. I got these years ago and just had to have 'em. They are appx. 6" x 4" big waterslides Ed Roth made way back when depicting Surfer dudes and Gals, and their Surf mobiles. I don't have the Surfer chick, but i've seen them around. I wish someone would repop these ;) ;)

Attached Files:

18. Lee Martin

Lee Martin

19. pablochappell

pablochappell
    from Sydney

Hi,

Are you still selling the decals?

Regards,
    Pablo

20. Wow,what great memories. When I first got exposed to the car scene(mid-'60's),these were the logos and designs that captivated me. I wonder how many folks bought the product based on the decal design rather than the product itself. Good marketing strategy. Had a few of those stashed away,but lost them(along with so many other memories) in my flooded basement back in 2000. Thanks for reminding us of better(simpler?) times.

21. OK,here's one from the past;it may have come out after our "cut-off" date:

[​IMG]

Had a few of these that I lost in 2000;this was found on a four door Dodge in a Detroit area salvage yard(I had to replace the vent window in my '64 Fury,and found nothing in the Flint area). When did these first appear? I'd love to score a couple of originals for myself. Sorry about the fuzzy pic.

22. iveroguy

iveroguy

A local gal helped with our shop logo. We think it's cool.

23. denis4x4

denis4x4
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Colorado

A gentleman by the name of Henry Blankford worked for Revell models. They (Revell) wanted to use real speed equipment manufacturer's decals on car models. Henry called several companies and asked if there was a trade association he could deal with to get rights to use the decals. Make a long story short, that was the birth of SEMA.

24. vertible59

vertible59

Another great one is Honest Charley Speed Shop from Chattanooga TN. I think they are back in business, but don't know if ownership is still in Charley Card's family. Anyhow, those way cool Honest Equipped decals should be available again.

25. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

I know this is a two year old post but does anyone have the original "Horsepower Engineering" decal or logo. Can't seem to find it anywhere. If so PM me...thanks

26. gasserjohn

gasserjohn

looking for rex carson [socal] decals or photos of them>thanks

27. Ahh Yes the year was 1966, me and my 57 chevy W/348 and tri-power and 9:50X15 Caslers out back. Thanks for the trip back.:eek:

oldschool66

28. Muttley

Muttley

Click the link below to check out my collection of Water-Slides.

Decal Collection

29. Preacher

Preacher
    Member Emeritus

Second the motion