Register now to get rid of these ads!

Traditional Lowriding Magazine out.....Butt, lownslow???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Radshit, Jun 14, 2006.

1. Radshit

Radshit

While I was out in Hollywood/Burbank this weekend I picked up a copy of this "new"???.....magazine......Is this a new magazine???......I'm a day late and a.........?????

Great pics ...kind of reminds me of a Rodders Journal.....but with traditional lows......hardly no ads and mostly quality pics and articles.......no bling shit or any of that new big wheeled garbage......

Any of you fellas seen it yet?......they have a website, but it wasn't finished yet....which leads me to believe they're new.......Neal

www.traditionallowriding.com

2. Squablow

Squablow

There's a magazine called Traditional Lowriding? Can you scan the cover?

3. I haven't seen nor heard about this magazine either. Interesting to find out some more about it.

4. moves

moves

TLM is a brand new mag my buddy brandon owns the magazine, it is a publacation devoted to the traditional lowrider. I own a small custom shop in East alton IL if anyone is intersted in pickin up the mag ,im a dealer just pm me and ill hook you up. IF anyone has any questions about it id love to awnser them as well

5. 54BOMB

54BOMB

That is rad, I get tired of all the bling and huge 26"s on SUV's

6. MarkX

MarkX
    from ...TX

YES!........................... Im tired of the "Bling Catalogs"

7. MarkX

MarkX
    from ...TX

whare is it available?

8. Thats funny,even the Lowriders are tired of see those "BIGGER IS BETTER" crap.I like the OLD style lowriders.They were real popular where I grew up.Whittier Blvd. RIP!

9. Right on! I think someone was saying on here not too long ago that someone needs to start a trad. lowrider mag. Moves, can you scan a pic of the cover? Not that the cover tells you anything, but I would be interested in seeing it as I'm sure others would too.

10. Wait, I see it now on the website when you click on subscribe. Is it monthly? Someone said it was quality like TRJ, if so I'm guessing the $35 is quarterly and the quality is high.

11. *HOLLYWOOD*53

*HOLLYWOOD*53

that kool lookin foward to it.lowrider mag is startin to get stupid too many ads

12. its about damn time for a mag like this.after many years of buying lowrider magazine,i finally had it with the 20's on an Impala,shark tanks in Escalade's and japanese wannabe cholo's.i'm from the nor cal/east bay area and grew up on tru-spokes and waterman's.i just hope that this"traditional"magazine is just that...TRADITIONAL!!!

13. Radshit

Radshit

There is a couple cars with 13's...I can live with that .....but, there is a section on blast from the past.....old photos and such.......I'm diggin it...I wonder if they need contributors or articles and tech stuff??

I grew up in the 70's and 80's....I'm all about the traditional lowrider/ custom movement...........I'm particularly fed up with where lowriding has gone lately....seems like it's about how much you can spend....and not enough about the lifestyle and expressing yourself.......

14. moves

moves

well to anwser one question, it is a monthly publacation.and they are always lookin for good contributors.The whole reason i got interested in traditional hotrods was because mags like lowrider magazine got so far away from my root interest in the lowrider lifestyle that i went in search for somthing more true to its start.I will allways be a lowrider and magazines like TLM make it easer for me to fall back into that.

15. lownslow

lownslow

yeah i like it a lot ..... i still have to get it though ....where did you get it neal ? auto books in burbank ? ......

16. Radshit

Radshit

I picked it up at a newspaper magazine stand/shack off of Ventura across the street from a VONS and one of those big drug stores in Studio City ....I think........

I think close to Bob's Big Boy...or up the street anyways........Neal

17. Radshit

Radshit

If you fellas haven't been here.....go to Deadend Magazine for more customs and lows.......bitchin' on line mag with good photos also.....

Deadendmagazine.com

18. Eryk

Eryk

Thanks! I'll be stopping by there tomorrow morning before work. I'll pick up a copy for you Donnie. I gotta stop by the shop anyways.

19. lownslow

lownslow

cool THANKS ...... when ya coming by the shop ?

20. Eryk

Eryk

I sent you a pm. I don't want to hijack homie's thread.

If they're taking submissions for this magazine, I have some cool stuff to send in. Old pics and stuff. I'm glad somebody went forward with this idea.

21. RocketDaemon

RocketDaemon
    from Sweden

WORD!

its as reading hot rod magazine....and thinking your gonna see real hotrods

22. 63 wildcat

63 wildcat

i wonder if u can get up here in nor cal??????

23. Sam F.

Sam F.
    BANNED

man,,that is KOOL! about time!:D

will definetly have to pick it up !

24. xtralow

xtralow
    from So Cal

Tower records will order it in for you if you ask and they may start carrying it if there is interest?the more people ask about it the better chance of getting on the shelf.
    I would think barnes noble etc.would do the same if you ask?

25. i saw it at the local quick stop so it should be everywere

26. Radshit

Radshit

Here is a pic of the front cover...

Attached Files:

• TLM.jpg
      TLM.jpg
      File size:
      17.8 KB
      Views:
  27. Radshit

Radshit

Another cover....

Attached Files:

• TLM2.jpg
      TLM2.jpg
      File size:
      47.1 KB
      Views:
  28. ChuckleHead_Al

ChuckleHead_Al

I'm going to look for it today...
    I miss Lowriders, I'm gonna build me another one, one day..
    True-spokes, old school hydraulic set-up (real slow to get up and down)
    Even an Aztec chick on the back...

29. Kilroy

Kilroy
    from Orange, Ca

I thought customs were traditional lowriders...

30. Eryk

Eryk

Yes and no. There's an undeniable cultural aspect behind traditional lowriders relative to time and place. They takes their ques from early customs, but lowriders are and were different animals. Not that you asked for a history lesson...but whatever:rolleyes::).