Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hershey newbie advice: What do I need to know?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by atomickustom, Sep 21, 2012.

1. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

Wagon. Schlepp. Hershey is suffering as well as joy.

2. hemi rodder

hemi rodder
    from NB Canada

I had been hearing of Carlisle and Hershey for 25years now from the older generation of car guy's, just seemed like it was across the world from me, now that i am farter along in life i have the freadom and means to go. last year i went for the first time to Hershey, i was in Heaven, i am going again this year, actualy i am leaving Saturday and making a vacation trip with the family on the way, i have a 18 hours trip plus detours one way, see you's there and enjoy.

3. Straightpipes

Straightpipes

Well Hemi, have a good trip and drive careful. Stop by my spaces and say Hi.

4. Terrence

Terrence

The best thing to do is take advantage of someone like Bob (the37kid) who has a space close to Hersheypark Dr. leave your stuff at his space then at the end of the day pull up along the road and toss the stuff over the fence. You really need two people to do this effectively without disrupting traffic. On a side note, most Derry Township Police are dicks. IMO

5. HomemadeHardtop57

HomemadeHardtop57

get a sausage sandwich

6. noboD

noboD

Terrance what do you mean MOST? I had a ticket from them on my window several years ago because I parked along rt.39 ACROSS the bridge. That's MY township and they have no rights over here.

7. mink

mink
    from CT

Where can I get some sleep after the show, need I head an hour or so out of Hersey to find an open hotel. Are hotels usually all booked up??

8. The37Kid

The37Kid

No, I really think that Hotel/Motel deal is a myth from many years ago, we found one 10-15 minutes from the field a few years ago that was reasonable. When the kids were little we had a room at the Hershey Lodge, it was great, crazy money, but somehow I could afford it back then. Bob

9. noboD

noboD

I agree, with as many new motels in the area you should be able to find something. There's a brand new one just off rt. 81 I didn't even know was being built until last week google are motels, there everywhere and can't all be full.

10. oldolds

oldolds

If you like to gamble a bit, just stop at a hotel and ask for a room early in the day. Most hotels will tell you they are fully booked on a phone call when it is a big weekend. They sometimes keep a few rooms open for drive up people, that keeps customers happy that don't know there is a big event going on. It has worked for me.

11. Terrence

Terrence

There are far more hotels west of Hershey than there are east especially around the 322/283/83 interchange google maps will be your friend. I would be really surprised if you couldn't find a room within 10 miles.