Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration ///////Easy to find: FRIDAY ART SHOW 09-09-11\\\\\\\

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jigger, Sep 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Because I'm on a deadline, I'm throwing out some diversions I drew today, simply because I had to draw a car... Hence, I drew 3...

Ahhhh........

[​IMG]

Anyone remember the BETA Project? here's a new sketch to fatten the portfolio.
    Jeff Allison's beautiful concepts last week inspired me to this. (Jeff, I could use some of those production design sheets ...)

[​IMG]

Here's an older one I updated:

[​IMG]

2. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

Very Nice stuff Mark. This is something I threw together from stuff laying around for a good friend.

Attached Files:

3. GaryC.

GaryC.

I'm really liking that pickup Mark...
    LockwoodK... that's really well done! Love the handlebars.

Here's "The Queen of Hearts"

Attached Files:

4. ToddJ

ToddJ
    from Marion, IA

Finally....I was able to find time to finish a Willys I started 7 months ago.....

[​IMG]

5. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

GaryC. That is sweet!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for the comment. I am glad that this is on I have been going crazy today with our area we are getting hit hard with Flooding.

6. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

Toddj that Willys is sick!..I love it man.

7. 57 Corvette ~ Bob

57 Corvette ~ Bob

8. 1320Paul

1320Paul

The first is pencil on an old 17x9 Roco Oil sales sheet and the second is pencil on automotive painted and cleared MDF...If you've ever tried drawing on scuffed clear coat you know what a pain in the @$$ it is...9 hours to do that Holley...

Attached Files:

9. NateSedan

NateSedan
    from Oregon

amazing Bob.....just killer.

10. Gary, Paul, Jigger- love it
    Todd- super details on the Willys...
    I'm just rollin' along as this 'Rhapsody in Blue' 'restoration draags on & on:)..

-Tweaking perspective details constantly..I can only do it so well. I generally don't enjoy 'cartoons' or much linear distortion in car art.( this piece is referenced only from old photos- )- oh well..
    Here's some cheapskate lo-fi peeks..

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 9, 2011
  11. ToddJ

ToddJ
    from Marion, IA

Jigger, Lockwood, GaryC, Bob and 1320Paul.....great stuff. Lockwood, thanks for the compliment, man!

12. Wow, what a start. Great work everyone.

I have a few new ones, from a folder entitled "Weekend Abstracts"

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Boeing Bomber

Boeing Bomber

Well, here goes, my first entry into the "Friday Art Show". I used to do these cartoons at Cruise Nights, and Car Shows back in the 70's and 80's, and sell them for $20.oo. I'd pull up in my '56 Delray, and start to draw it. Pretty soon I had a crowed around me, and someone would ask if I did 'em for cash, and how much? And so it would go from one car to the next, until the show was over, the host club had cleaned up, and everybody was gone, except me, and the guys who's waiting with his Hot Rod for his cartoon.
    I wouldn't mind subsidizing my income, and trying it again....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. BOMONSTER

BOMONSTER

[​IMG]

There's always that moment when you break down and right before you solve the problem and get back on the road when a thought creeps into your brain - "I might be spending the night tonight with no food, matches or cell service."

Last edited: Sep 9, 2011
  15. firingorder1

firingorder1

I don't know if this qualifies. My wife took it at Bonneville this year as I was setting up for a record return run. I thought it "arty".

[​IMG]
    By weslake at 2011-08-21

16. ALLISON

ALLISON

Crankin out the T-shirt art for folks this week..... here's what I have to offer so far... trying some tone on tone looks for that "glowing" look.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. ALLISON

ALLISON

Oh ya... and here's the final version for the Emperors Flat Head run #2... If your in the Northwest and into Flattys you should really think about heading to Vantage next weekend:)

[​IMG]

18. TaylorCrawford

TaylorCrawford

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  19. Wow - killer stuff guys!

Josh - Hyfire here on the H.A.M.B. - recently acquired the historic Norm Thatcher 1958 Chrysler 300D Bonneville LSR car and is determined to preserve this historic survivor "Beautiful Brute" for posterity.

Check out the story in this thread: http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=606045

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. ALLISON

ALLISON

There's a story with this one... Someone contacted me about this horrible looking poster that had my pirated artwork on it... and so I contected the people ripping me off. They claimed it was an accident and meant no harm, bla bla bla, its for the kids, ect... I tried to explain that did not make it ok to lift my work from FB and use it however they wanted to... in the end though, I became a sponsor and redid the whole poster for them... Toys for tots is a good thing, donate something to help this year yourself:)

[​IMG]

21. Janne

Janne

Illustration of Richard Teague AMC Concepts. Car design history article for finnish classic car magazine Mobilisti.

Attached Files:

22. ALLISON

ALLISON

awesome... this is the kind of stuff that I really dig. Teague's ideas and concept cars were bitchin, too bad AMC built such junk... awesome illustrations man, really:)

23. 2tall

2tall

Artwork for the UK NSRA Supernationals this year.

[​IMG]

24. Deuces

Deuces

Beautiful work on that HP DP Holley!! :cool:.. The other one is nice also... :)

25. dustdevil

dustdevil
    from illinois

I got a few pieces pinstriped recently. The one is a commissioned hubcap that I sent off to michigan last week. The other is another piggybank completed ready to sell. Nate Grice
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

26. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Very nice work folks.

27. kenmo

kenmo

A few photos I took two weeks ago at a car meet....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

28. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

2 shows that are close to my heart.....because of the great vibe and the people who run them.
    Here is the work for Scarry Larry's Jalopy Showdown Drags on PA at Beaver Springs. Posters,Shirts and sticker art respectively.....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

29. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

And of course my ALL my pals in the Great State of TEXAS...the Kontinentals who are doing the Day of the Drags.One day..I must get to this show.
    My heart goes out to all my Texan friends during this time of those nasty fires happening right now....

Poster art(silkscreen work),shirt art and stickers too.....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

30. Danno I

Danno I

My new house sign.

and another recently finished panel.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.