Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs 2-door wagon conversions

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 50Fraud, Jul 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Here is another one I did. A Ford wagon using Ranchero parts......

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

50Fraud likes this.
  2. pimpin paint

pimpin paint
    from so cal

Hey Kev,

That's some killer fab/metalwork, there! Most people wouldn't be able to fathom the number of hours it would take to fab & finish that.
    SWEET!!

Swankey Devils C.C.
    "Spending A Nation Into Generational Debt Is Not An Act Of Compassion!"

3. 50Fraud

50Fraud

Those are great, Kev. Any pictures of the Ford in paint yet?

4. cooljunk

cooljunk

5. The Ford is not painted yet.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2009
  6. rpol7966

rpol7966

The '66 Chevelle wagon and the tan '65 Buick wagon were both done by a very close friend of mine. He is an absolute magician when it comes to building his creations. The red '66 Chevelle was built to be a totally stock version of what GM could have offered. The '65 Buick wagon is owned by another friend in the Tuscon area. It is also built as a stock unit on the premise of a 2 door hardtop wagon.
    Both cars were built from rustfree 4 door wagons from Arizona. These are just two of many cars that my friend has built.

7. plodge55aqua

plodge55aqua
    from Alberta

Heres a What would of been.. in 55..
    [​IMG]

8. 50Fraud

50Fraud

Here it is. Sorry about the crappy photo:
    [​IMG]

Here's another Mustang; this time a GT350 clone:

[​IMG]

...and two Novas. It seems that the Nova is by far the most popular subject for this kind of conversion:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. 50Fraud

50Fraud

He's clearly very talented. Who is he?

10. Toner283

Toner283

The first thing that popped into my head when I saw the first pic was Pinto wagon. The ones with the windows in the back look good, but this one looks the opposite of good IMO.

What is the car in the second one? Full custom?

11. Looks like Ford prototype that is cross between the 1953 X100 and the 55 Ford Mystere in a wagon version. Very cool.

Plymouth Plainsman I thought that looked familiar!

12. Here's two
    My 92 Buick work car made into 2 door delivery. Yes it's a late model but sure is dependable and cold ac for Texas heet. Getting ready to do it in pearl white with HOK purple flames, bags and steelies.
    The 63 was built by a friend in Houston. It is sold since this pics was taken. He's craazy about doing this type of stuff. I remember back in the 90's he could not find a 62 Chevy bubble top so he made one.

Mikey
    www.MikeysPinstriping.com
    "does bad thangs to good wagons"

Attached Files:

13. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

It's the Plymouth Plainsman of 1956. Doesn't really fit the criteria of a modified production body, but it WAS considered for production. It's a fully usable car - in fact it was converted to right-hand drive and currently has a 440 in it.

That car has the most amazing history. Here is a story circa 1980 about it's life up to that point. http://www.plymouthbulletin.com/Plainsman/Page1.htm

14. Toner283

Toner283

That is friggin COOL!! The fact that a show car/dream car was actually used & has survived is unreal. You couldn't invent a better history than that car has.

Thanks for the link.

15. Here's a 64 Polara wagon 2 dr conversion I ran across. I have a 63 Plymouth wagon I was gonna do the same thing to. The guy walked me through it and short of the welding the front of the 1/4 panel in from the 2dr, the rest is nearly bolt in on these bodies. The entire window frame area is the same stamping across all body styles; 2dr, 4dr, ht and sedan....cut out the post and screw in the 2dr weatherstrip channel.

Also attached the photoshop of my plymouth as it would have come out.

Attached Files:

16. pimpin paint

pimpin paint
    from so cal

Hey,
    These Mopar wagons both look like something Elwood Engle, head of design at Chrysler in the post Exner era, would have signed off on for production.
    They built and sold the C body wagons in hardtop form, why not the B body platform? Sad that Mopar then, as now, was so fucked up internaly, management wise! The cars Exner and Engle could have built with Earl/Mitchell budgets.

Swankey Devils C.C.
    "Spending A Nation Into Generational Debt Is Not An Act Of Compassion!"

17. 50Fraud

50Fraud

(drdave): Those are nice looking cars!

Last edited: Jul 21, 2009
  18. Chaoticcustoms

Chaoticcustoms

so...any idea where the plainsman is now?

19. Nice wagon, except why was the C-pillar left in the stock location. Would have looked far better if it'd been moved back to more evenly divide the three side windows, or at least make the middle window similar in length to the front side window. Just my $0.05.

There have also been some same-era Chevy wagons built, some with better execution than others. A guy on ChevyTalk is also building a nice "phantom" '58 2-door "Nomad" wagon with the Impala triple taillights and other features; it only shares a few traits with the regular '58 2-door and Nomad wagons.

20. 50Fraud

50Fraud

The builder agrees with you, but it's a little more difficult than it appears -- issues with the garnish moldings and stainless trim. Gary does intend to move it, but hasn't gotten around to it yet.

21. pimpin paint

pimpin paint
    from so cal

22. koolkemp

koolkemp

I would love to see what it would look like as a sedan delivery...always wanted a 61-64 Pontiac delivery!!!!!!

23. Special Ed

Special Ed

Two door conversion on a '53. We leaned the B-pillars forward after this pic. Chopped top, pancaked hood...

Attached Files:

24. 33Tudor

33Tudor

There is a Steve Stanford illustration of what a 64 Impala wagon would like done in SS trim and as a 2-door. Looks cool, IMO.

25. MrGasser

MrGasser
    from DETROIT

Saw this on another site : '66 Impala, first, 2-dr. conversion, second, sedan delivery side panels...oh yeah, a straight axle too!

Attached Files:

26. tecolote14

tecolote14

here are some photoshop ideas[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 20, 2009
  27. Spity

Spity

28. So Did I, but Chuck insisted that we flame it. It needed rockchip repairs and some general bodywork freshening when we got to it. That wagon sees ALOT of road time. He drives the hell out of all of his Chevelles!

29. All of the side windows are flat sheet and new ones could easily be made at a local glass shop. Yes, the trim would need to be modified, but given the work that's needed to convert to a 2-door in the first place, modifying the trim is not that much harder. The builder obviously has the skill; it simply takes time and patience.

I know there are a couple of '62 Chevy SDL conversions floating around the internet. Pretty sure one of the guys is on the ChevyTalk forum.

30. Silent_Orchestra

Silent_Orchestra
    BANNED
    from Omaha, NE

I like that!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.