Register now to get rid of these ads!

1957 Edelbrock Catalog

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jive-Bomber, Dec 10, 2009.

1. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

2. BigBlockMopar

BigBlockMopar

Thanks for posting the scans in a usable format.
    In absence of the real thing I can now print out my own copy of the catalog to have around in the garage for others to gaze at.

3. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Love the L420 Air cleaner!!! I also love the look of the red colorized ad for the fuel line.

Very Cool!!! Thanks.

4. 3rd Gen Hot Rodder

3rd Gen Hot Rodder
    from Indiana

What would I like Edelbrock to bring back? The prices from 1957! I will take one of everything, please.

Seriously, in 1957, I have to believe $87.50 that was alot of cash to put down for a set of 48 flathead heads.

5. johnny bondo

johnny bondo
    from illinois

they should make ALL of that again! well, the ones they dont already make. esp the early poly stuff!

6. Rooney00

Rooney00

I love these old catalogs. Thanks for putting it up.

7. eddie1

eddie1

I have a Edelbrock tri-carb intake & valve covers for a Ford Yblock. I paid more than the prices in the catalog for used parts.

8. autobilly

autobilly

Bring back Vic senior.

9. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

It would be cool to see Edelbrock and others (Weiand, Offy, etc.) bring back some of the vintage non SBC intakes, valve covers, etc. No nicks, dings, or pitted out water passage surfaces.
    When you consider the cash a vintage Weiand Drag Star, etc. manifold brings, folks would love to se some limited runs-even at double or triple the going price for SBC stuff. Perhaps someone such as Speedway could perhaps step up and have a short run of a couple hundred run at a time? That is if the patterns are still around?

IIRC, in the mid 70's Street Rodder or Rod Action had an article on Offenhauser complete with photos showing how they did short runs of manifolds, valve covers to keep a small stock on hand for vintage engines such as Caddy's Olds, Stude's, etc. You could order just about anything that they had ever produced.

10. Here's the 1949 Edelbrock catalog and price sheet to compare to the 57 edition.

I think the '49 prices seem a little steep for that era but I guess guys were happy to have speed equipment available.

I've also included a letter from Vic sr. stating that if you wanted to become a dealer you had to buy $300 worth of merchandise.

Mick

Attached Files:

11. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

Lurker Mick-- That's really cool- I've never seen their '49 catalog before. The early stuff is so rare!

12. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

Neat. I was wondering from what era my 4 deuce caddy intake was. I sure wish I got it for 74.50!

13. Herdez

Herdez

Just checked out this classic catalog and noticed the carb tuning tool. I didnt think they still made one. A quick Google search and Jegs had it...UNI-SYN "A" part # 350-4025. Cool tool to have in the old tool box.

check it out.
    [​IMG]

14. Very cool...I would be happy as a clam if I could find a pair of Y-Block valve covers...even if I had to pay twice the list price...:rolleyes:

It's cool to see that the W&H dizzy's were in the Edelbrock catalg also, as that was part of the package they put together in late '56 when they built the original engine for my 'Bird...

15. allengator

allengator
    from Keller, TX

No kidding...
    I found one conversion chart said to divide 1957 dollars by .131 to get todays dollars.....

So that $87.50 becomes $667.94 !!!

The chevy valve covers cost well over $300 !!!!! :eek:

16. freebird101

freebird101

i wish thats how much it costs today. Like allengator said every ting now is in the hundreds and back then it was like $87.99

17. partsbob67

partsbob67
    from california

i think it's very cool to see how the automotive world comes full circle. a small example is how cars started out with round headlamps and 20" or bigger wheels. then the standard was square headlamps and 13" or 14" wheels. now look at new cars.... funny.

18. Fantastic.......... I see they were a little light on the Pontiac parts, only a flywheel.
    Also, I didn't realize the Spalding Flame Thrower was out in '57.
    Thanks!!

19. Abomination

Abomination

Here's a searchable PDF...

Attached Files:

20. jailbird

jailbird

That's what we used to final tune a xr750 harley