Register now to get rid of these ads!

1955 Oldsmobile Delta Concept

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jive-Bomber, Aug 12, 2010.

1. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

2. DavidL

DavidL

What a killer car. I love the shape of it. Are there any pictures of the rear?

3. freebird101

freebird101

i like it, someone on here needs to make one.

4. I want that... Damn. Now I have ANOTHER project in my head.

5. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

There is some video of it at the '55 Motorama, but just for a few seconds:

<object height="385" width="480">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9pYIpZAwFz8?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="385" width="480"></object>

6. Jarzenhotrods

Jarzenhotrods
    from .......

I havent seen this one before. That is really nice. Its is perfect in every aspect. I keep telling myself that they never got destroyed, that they are in some secret warehouse for GM to sell off someday....

7. I can't ever remember seeing that motorama car, but I really like it and I love that concave chrome area behind the front wheel. That would look sweet on a mid fifties GM custom. Thanks for sharing.

8. catdad49

catdad49

Awesome car, especially with the brushed aluminum roof and wheelwell accents. Hope the sucker had a/c!!

9. Very cool. Looks the makings of a good lowrider. How about some lakes pipes?

10. 50Fraud

50Fraud

It's fun to search out the details from the Motorama cars that got recycled on later production models. The first 12" of the side trim on the Delta showed up again as the frontmost part of the '56 BelAir side trim!

11. concreteman

concreteman

Great video -thanks for sharing -love to go back in time

12. zellerware

zellerware
    from dad's shop

Incredible concept.. one of my favs..thanks for the article..

13. GaryC.

GaryC.

First time seeing this one.
    Maybe it looked like this in color.

Attached Files:

14. Very close I guess!
    From the great book "GM Motorama".

Attached Files:

15. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

SPECIAL NOTE TO ALL...

I have some vcr tapes & dvd's that I watch a few times a year: All 50's & 60's ads for some of the GREATEST CARS DETROIT EVER BUILT. House films, Motorama films, Gasoline ads, etc., that are just like being in a TIME WARP when you watch 'em ! (I just watched one that had this same Motorama clip in it last week.)

If you can find some of these videos on ebay or Amazon I heartily suggest that you do...while they're still available. Those of us who are dedicated "diehards" of Early Iron are the last of a dying breed. Pre-ecofriendly, Pre-hybrid, Pre-rubber & plastic cars for the masses...that will collapse when impacted in a Parking Lot Incident when tapped at 10mph.

These show Detroit in its finest hours...cranking out chrome & steel "dream cars" that you could drive home, show your neighbors, impress your friends, and still might be on the road TODAY !

I remember being in my 2nd car (a '57 Dodge Royal 2dr. HdTp.) and sliding into the back of a Taxi Cab that stopped-short in front of me during a snow storm. I was going about 25mph, pushed the cab about 10ft., the driver got out, I got out. We both looked at our bumpers and there was NO DAMAGE to either car...so we went on our way. No harm; no foul. (Try that in your new Malibu this winter.)

Jonnie King www.legend.thewwbc.net

Last edited: Aug 13, 2010
  16. frankthetank62

frankthetank62

17. Kettleman

Kettleman

Absolute Beauty! Always loved the Olds line

18. ADDOCTOR

ADDOCTOR

It appears this beautiful vehicle did not survive. I am hoping that perhaps someone like Joe Bortz will discover it's location and restore it.

Anyone have any clues to what might have happened to it?:confused:

19. rld14

rld14

Im probably gonna get jumped on...

But, how tough WOULD it really be to remake this car?

20. mrjynx

mrjynx
    BANNED

http://public.fotki.com/mrjynx/ just thought I`d take the oportunity to spam my concept car gallery.

How hard it would be to build one could only be answered by somone who has built one. But it doesnt look difficult to reproduce.

21. ADDOCTOR

ADDOCTOR

You can do anything if you have enough money. :D

22. GM Motorama

GM Motorama
    from Texas

Thanks for the comment about my book, "GM's Motorama." It is now out of print by the way. That photo was definitely taken directly from my book. I know that not just because you said so, but also because I colorized a black & white photo and had to guess at the colors for the house and the clothing on the models. The colors of the car were approximated from a color photo of an overall view of the GM Motorama cars at a show. It took ten hours to do it. This photo is popping up in many places on the web. At least you gave me credit for it.

23. sololobo

sololobo

Cooler than the other side of the pillow. ~sololobo~