Register now to get rid of these ads!

'59 Studebaker Lark VIII 2 Door Wagon

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JReece, Oct 12, 2011.

1. JReece

JReece

It's not so bad, I kinda' like the "Original Patina" Look! I'm not a member of SDC yet.

2. Ole_Red

Ole_Red
    from 206, WA

Looks good lowered. What did you guys do to lower it?

3. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

Looks great,needs some paint though.:cool: "Sea Foam Green" would be good,close as made.

4. JReece

JReece

We cut the springs down. Worked great and still rides good.

5. JReece

JReece

I really like this pic. I think the lighting looks awesome, It reminds me of an old school photo. Might be a good one for the calendar. ;) ;) lol

6. I've seen 2 dr. Larks made into gassers. They looked pretty good, but for once I like to see Larks made into customs.

7. Actually, this is the best 2 dr. wagon I've ever seen. Looks nice with the bumpers off and two tone paint, not to mention the mild custom work. This beats gasser in my opinion.

8. oldcarfart

oldcarfart

My '59 with 454/TH400/4 wheel disc has pics on 'net under "oldcarfart" or "Deepnhock", Turnerbrake.com excellent source for disc brakes, Stude Driver's Club excellent resource for all Stude items. Last I heard my '59 was in Phoenix area and painted a purpleish/blue color. If needed I still have a pair of NOS '59/'60 tail light lenses ($50.00 to you). Stock suspension with rollbar upgrades will work great.
    Enjoy!!

9. JReece

JReece

Here are some pics of it at the Moonshine Festival.

ImageUploadedByTJJ1319550992.479567.jpg

ImageUploadedByTJJ1319551042.052186.jpg

ImageUploadedByTJJ1319551109.720594.jpg

Thanks, JReece

My clothing line HiRevZ Clothing Co.
    http://www.facebook.com/hirevz

Most of all build what you want, do what you want, it's your car. My uncle has always said, "If you like it, I love it." Meaning doesn't matter if he likes it or not, because it isn't his car.

10. JReece

JReece

And some more.

ImageUploadedByTJJ1319551814.758943.jpg

ImageUploadedByTJJ1319551853.223678.jpg

ImageUploadedByTJJ1319551869.407472.jpg

ImageUploadedByTJJ1319551882.509283.jpg

Thanks, JReece

Most of all build what you want, do what you want, it's your car. My uncle has always said, "If you like it, I love it." Meaning doesn't matter if he likes it or not, because it isn't his car.

11. PhilJohnson

PhilJohnson

12. Mike VV

Mike VV
    from SoCal

Hey J -

I've got two of'em. A 59 with the stock 259 and auto trans., my daily driver (my only car..!) and a 60 that's turned into a Chevy powered hot rod. The 60 has been sitting for some time like it is in the pictures while I work on my 54 Conestoga's engine..
    Heavilly ported Studebaker cylinder heads, roller cam, single plane manifold...on and on.

http://public.fotki.com/-Mike-/

Click on "60 Lark", and "54 Conestoga".
    The 54 currently runs but the flat head 6 isn't much fun to drive with that engine.

Good to see another one out there being driven.

Mike

13. Me likey.....here's some more. Some wagons for inspiration and an aqua coupe because I like the look.

You can probably find a replacement passenger side door. If it wew me....dog dish hubcaps, brushed chrome bumpers, and a few louvers. And of course a roof rack.

Attached Files:

14. mbstude

mbstude

Too cool... I drove up from Fayetteville and looked at the car when "Buggmann" had it for sale. It was a little too rough for me, so I bought a '57 Stude wagon out of New York instead. Better for everyone, I'm not a Lark guy anyways. VERY cool to see someone get that '59 and do something with it. Looks like you're really enjoying the crap out of that little longroof.

"Buggmann" had the upper tailgate handle when I looked at the car. Did he not include that with the sale?

See attached pic of my '57. Can't wait to bolt that bumper back on.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 25, 2011
  15. pan-dragger

pan-dragger

nice trade. love them stude wagons. here's my 62.
    [​IMG]

16. JReece

JReece

Thanks man. I didn't get it with the car, I may have to call him.

Thanks, JReece

17. JReece

JReece

Thanks man, yours looks wicked!!! Post some more pics.

Thanks, JReece

18. Faus

Faus

I got a 54 Conestoga. Someone tried to rat it all to hell... I am fixing it up... Luckily the previous owner changed it over to 12v alternator, and kept it running in good order.... Granted its the 6, not the V8, but it's still an awesome ride... And it's family friendly. I also gotta say that your wagon is awesome, I wish mine was that clean.

19. finishline

finishline

my dad work at a stude dealer and came home with a 59 wagon. i was 9 yrs. old at the time, in 1960 came home with a more door wagon v8 stick. love you wagon, i remenber sitting all the way in the back.

20. one dude two chicks - STUDe !

21. No_Respect

No_Respect
    from So-Cal

My first car was a 62' Lark Daytona I will get a wagon some day till then I hate you...:D

22. Ole_Red

Ole_Red
    from 206, WA

I think that your wagon is one of the best out there.