Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs I Miss My Riviera

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Jan 13, 2011.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Last edited: Jan 13, 2011
  2. Its always the look back that makes you look forward to something.

3. Great story. Those early Riv's look so sinister. One of the few cars in my opinion that don't need much to look perfect...

4. jguff

jguff

They are great cars. Fun to drive, comfortable, good looking and they always get plenty of attention. At most local shows I have the only Riv there and have won a few plaques and trophies.:)

Jerome

5. BuickBorracho

BuickBorracho

Great story. Love those Rivi's!

6. -Brent-

-Brent-

Excellent bit of writing, Ryan! I really enjoyed it.

7. Man are we ever on the same wavelength...I traded mine last January and for the past couple of months I have been missing that thing with a passion...my best friend who painted it and did all of the subtle body mods has passed away from a stroke at a very young age and that just adds to the missing of my Rivi.
    Been wanting to get another one but with our relocating to the East Coast and selling our business in SoCal we have had to proceed with caution when it comes to finance as we build up the new business here (thanks by the way to my HAMB brothers and sisters who have been supporting us!).
    Somewhere down the road (hopefully not that far) I will be able to locate a clean Rivi and make it my own...until then I will just pine for my old one.

8. sololobo

sololobo

Yes, me too, had a super sweet white 66 that was awesome, wasn't great with five kids. So the story goes. ~sololobo~

9. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

cool stories. rivieras are insane.

10. axle

axle
    from Drag City

I loved that car and remember you coming to California and driving it to Paso. Those were pre beard days. ;)

11. <---- another former Rivi owner who misses his baby :(

Saddle/saddle(gold) 65, lowered, on TT IIs, with cold a/c..... My first nailhead....<sigh>

12. TAYLOR

TAYLOR
    from DALLAS,GA.

Great story. I have always loved those cars too and hope to a 63 or 64 one day.

13. cool37

cool37
    from SoCal

Great story....love those Rivi's!!!

14. I'm never selling my '65! In fact, I think I will take it for a spin today, so what if the heat doesn't work, it's a couple degrees above freezing!

15. Roothawg

Roothawg

I still regret not buying that car.......
    I called, we played phone tag a couple of times and we never could get together. You were in KC job hunting or something......

I should have tried harder.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2011
  16. Don't blame ya...first for never selling it and two for taking a cruise...

17. The best example of a Edged Factory Custom as GM will ever produce.

18. finkd

finkd
    Member Emeritus

I remember a late night drive to nroman ,ok to check it out for a possible paint job. my youngest son lucas riding shotgun, it was a great roadtrip in the galaxie, on a warm summer night. I got pulled over for going WAY to fast on 35 trying to get home before 2a.m. since my kid had school, and I had to work the next day. As the officer approached the car i told lucas set very still in the backseat as he wasn't wearing a seat belt, cause it didn't have any. I don't know if the cop ever saw him, he was great. The next morning his momma asked him about his trip, he didn't breath a word about getting a ticket! we still laugh about that once inawhile, he remembers being scared to death thinking I was going to jail! That rivi was bitchin' , and someday maybe I will get the oportunity to paint something for RYAN. I was hoping for the wagon, but that didn't work out either, I think all the watson style ideas I was throwing around might have been a bit much for ryans style. Man setting here thinking about how far we go back , and this college kid showing us this new chat page thing to check out is headspinning ! oh , how the years fly by !!

19. jchav62

jchav62

Very cool car! Cool story... I've always liked those Rivi's. Hopefully you'll have another one day...

20. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

63 - 5 rivs rock! I just purchased a 63 half done project car, cant wait to get it home and finish it

21. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Weird... I think about your visit a lot. I remember you lighting off those flame throwers in the galaxie... That's another car I have a lot of fond memories of.

22. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Well, all stories family wise indicate that I was conceived in the back seat of my dads new '64 Riv, so I have that goin' for me...

23. thendrix

thendrix

I don't see how Georgia can make you warm up because it is pretty fucking cold here to.:D We have had snow and ice on the ground for 4 days now and will probably have it tomorrow to. Anyway, cool story

24. Cool car, and a great story, Ryan.
    For me is was a slightly O/T 68 Barracuda that provided the memories...like leaving the Carl's Jr in Mojave and making the 17 mile trip to the Edwards AFB gate (past a CHP office) in 9 minutes...etc.

We may not have the cars anymore, but we'll always have the memories. Thanks for writing it down.

25. robleticia

robleticia

Cool story, cool car. Thanks for sharing Ryan!

26. I always like hearing about your old Rivi Ryan!

27. autobodyed

autobodyed
    from shelton ct

nice lookin' car, i'd miss it too! i kinda miss all my past cars, that's probably why i haven't sold anything in a long time, the regrets stay with you for too long. the only things i don't miss are my harleys, and i don't know why.

28. jason65

jason65

Good looking cars dude.

29. Aaron51chevy

Aaron51chevy

Dig the story, I love the Rivi's it's one that's been on my list for a long while. 28 eh? Well it was 15 up here in the frozen mitten this morning, that's why I drive a piece of crap saturn every day....

30. red baron

red baron
    from o'side

Taht was a beautiful Rivi! A shame it got totalled. Excuse my ignorance, but what wheels were on it, I love the way they look!