Register now to get rid of these ads!

Garage Find! 1/2 scale model T

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by turboroadster, Nov 4, 2009.

1. stumbled across this on the cl last night, got it first thing this morning!
    the kid was 21 years old, his dad bought it for him from an auction when he was 5 and I can't believe he sold it and he had a young son too! no way I would have sold something my dad bought for me like that.
    oh yeah, "ran when parked" lol
    anyways, it has a new home and a happy owner, what ya think?
    it already has the red rims! lol
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 4, 2009
  2. Kustomkarma

Kustomkarma

Cool. I've been half way looking for one of those. Isn't 1/25 like plastic model car scale?

3. RatBone

RatBone

4. Rolleiflex

Rolleiflex

That looks just like the one I saw this summer in the Round Rock 4th of July parade. If it's the same family they run a body shop and have quite a few vintage cars.

5. Mart

Mart

Is it me, or have the pics disappeared?

6. It's not you..............we need the pics !

7. 51 MERC-CT

51 MERC-CT

Not 1/25th scale:)

Attached Files:

8. hahahaha, your right! the tag says SHARP 1/2 Scale Replica Vehicles
    manufactured by "CrewCut"
    Gardner, Kansas

found em, www.sharpminicars.com

9. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

These were made by several companies over the years in the 50s-60-70-80s and maybe still today. Most often seen advertised in the back sections of Popular Science and Popular Mechanics.

The Coca-Cola one pictured is a very late one with moulded plastic wheels.

The one I have rusting away in the back yard has wooden wheels(what's left of them), a chromed radiator shell, one piece fiberglass 26-27 Ford style R and L front fender/runningboard/apron/rear fender units, a hand brake which rubs on the rear tires to stop, and a vertical edger style engine with a tip-forward to tighten the drive belt archaic riding mower drive unit.

10. yeah, I'm thinking this one is from the 80's or so.

11. Shrine Clubs bought them by the hundreds. There's always one or two at Carlisle and Hershey.

12. I'd love to find one of those from the 60's I drove as a kid at places like Gaslight Village in NY State.

13. razorblazer73@hotmail.com

[email protected]
    from arizona

Have you had anyluck finding parts for this mini car?

41 coupe likes this.
  14. vinnyragu

vinnyragu

In the back of HEMMINGS is a guy selling parts called MUNCHKINS MOTORS... I have a 1932 Ford Roadster Go Kart

15. T&A Flathead

T&A Flathead

Awesome, i picked up one of those a few years ago. My 4yr old loves it. If its like mine put a centrifical force clutch on the motor output shaft. Have fun!

16. falconsprint63

falconsprint63
    from Mayberry

my dad painted one for a friend a couple of years back. I think there was one on pawn stars a while back too. fun little parade toys

17. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

I like it. We need VIDEO!

18. Friend has one. He put an electric start 5 horse and added lights. I'd like to have one and make the seat where I could get my big self into it.

19. Dr Dirt

Dr Dirt

I'm looking for info on this one. 2 adults can fit in this one

Attached Files:

20. RamJet1

RamJet1

I'd love to find one of those, or something like it. What did you search under on cl for that to come up?

Cool find!

21. wildwest

wildwest

I had one of those from when I was 8 (1988) untill I was 18 ! I traded it and my pedal car for my first hot rod project, a 1927 Willys Knight. The Model T go-cart I had was a steel body with fiberglass fenders and it had a 3 1/2 h.p. Briggs. It was black with red wood spoke wheels. I loved that thing and I wish I still had it. My dad got if from an antique store and I got it for Christmas (coolest gift ever!) I was in the St.Paul Rodeo parade with my little sister for 4 years in that little car. Mine was owned by "Rusty Nails" the clown years before I got it, and somewhare I have pictures of the clown with the car and a swimsuit model? I traded it to a friend who pained it light blue with purple interior, and it was sold around Pahrump Nevada in the early 2000's. I wish I had it back now that I have two little girls!

22. Nickw199626

Nickw199626

Still looking for one?

Attached Files:

23. Ronald Watt

Ronald Watt

Looking for parts too.

My dad had won this car in a contest for a grocery store in La Porte Texas back in the 80's. He held onto the car.

The car has aged, lot of rust, and not sure about the wheels, missing the back "hub cabs" for the center of the wheels. The wooden tray needs to be rebuild. Wondering if I can get new graphics also.

The fiberglass parts are in great shape. engine wouldn't start, so it will need working too.

Project worth keeping, restoring, and holding on to pass off to my child when I'm gone. Maybe someday will have grand kid to enjoy it like my daughter got to enjoy it in small town parades with my parents.

Attached Files: