Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Austin Rules

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Jun 22, 2009.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

2. BLAKE

BLAKE

Cool pics, RYAN... very.

3. Ryan- I hate to dis-illusion you but I think that in addition to Austin ruling, I think that as a group us HAMBers rule. It seems to me that when some one needs help, we step up to the plate. Just my thoughts.
    Later,
    Dick

4. Roothawg

Roothawg

Nice photography.

5. AaronP

AaronP
    from Hooker, OK

6. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Very cool, I've been noticing a lot of people reaching out and helping others lately. I'm digging it. Went to one for a local bartender this weekend. New owners dropped her health insurance. People crossed religious and political lines to join together and help out. Makes ya think there is hope for the world.

7. Coupe-De-CAB

Coupe-De-CAB
    from Nor Cal

That rocks Ryan,
    Good on ya mate and those out there helping brotha's out, that's good to hear!
    thanks for sharing and God Bless,
    cab

8. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

Very cool gathering there! Love to see people getting together to help a brotha out, thats what'll save this world.

How'd you do the pics, red filter or digital settings? Just curious. They look great!

9. dickster27

dickster27
    from Texas

This kind of outreach to others is exactly what helps make our little community here GROW. Hot rodders are the best.

10. helmsville

helmsville

ya, i agree, living in wash state, wayso suck's, but after, 50 year's kinda late to change, but one thing about it the rain has made me a lot more of a builder than a car show kinda guy, there always a silver lining some where.

11. RAY With

RAY With

United we stand and this is total proof what can happen when Brothers stick together. There is not much we can't do as a team and Ryan I never get tired of reading about good things.This event was a massive collection of people looking to help out someone in need and the rest is history.

12. Chris Casny

Chris Casny

The tri-pod came out that night, cool. Wish I could have been there.

13. Van Dutch

Van Dutch

Yeah and that von franco filter is cool. or was he just a little blurry that night

14. I want the "HARRISON'S" sign!!!!

JH

Last edited: Jun 22, 2009
  15. Kustom7777

Kustom7777
    from Austin, TX

i've read all of the posts on this and looked at all of the pictures, and it makes me really proud to see how people come together to help someone out,,,,,,,theres not a better country on the planet,,,,and i'd venture to say not a better town...seems to me austin is the epitome of what it's all about,,,in car stuff,,and just life in general,,,,you guys rule,,plain and simple,,,,,,,,,,,

16. moter

moter

Yea..me too! There was a sign outside that i wanted that was in the fenced in lot...the "squat and gobble" sign :Dshould have taken a picture of that one,

Was helluva great time and glad to help a fellow rodder!!

17. mikeharris7

mikeharris7
    from Austin

Hey Ryan - were you one of the photogs I met? Great pics! I took a couple - they're on my blog. It was a fun party for a good cause. Really cool everyone came together like that.

18. That's awesome...the HAMB and apparently Austin rules!

19. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

That's awesome guys! Nothing better then helping someone in need and having fun while doing it.

20. seatex

seatex

WOW! VERY cool shots, of a very cool event! we had a blast, and it's just great to see all of these fine folks come together for such a cool cause.
    Austin Rocks!

21. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

Austin does rule. All the way. If everyone at that party were to move to, say, Dirtsville, USA...well then Dirtsville, USA would rule.

And Austin would still rule, because Norm wasn't at that party...but he DID contribute in a big way. Now if Norm were to move to Dirtsville, USA, then Dirtsville would rock, and Austin would still rule. You getting all this? There will be a test later...

22. We drove through Austin on the way to SA about 10pm... with a wife, dog and sister-in-law sound asleep, it was a hard sell talking them into pulling over and hanging out... looks like it was a good time.

23. mikeharris7

mikeharris7
    from Austin

Gracias! I'm not really a car guy (yet) but I love taking pictures of them. I have to admit, that's one thing that has always impressed me since I started working with you car folks is the sense of community and how much you guys help each other out. It's really freakin' cool. :cool:

24. NotStockPhoto

NotStockPhoto

Great Post Ryan.............I want to ad by saying Texas in general is killer. It has been Home since Jacy and I got here even though we couldnt make it we are glad we could donate some items for a great cause

25. Austin folks pullin' it off again! Yep......'rules' is the word!!

26. racer756

racer756

Ryan,
    You have great friends. I hope that kindness,understanding and helping someone who is down becomes the "new flat black"..

Good on ya!!

27. Gambino_Kustoms

Gambino_Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

austin rules period!!!

28. touchdowntodd

touchdowntodd

WAY fucking cool... and alex, u rule too!

29. KreaturesCCaustin

KreaturesCCaustin
    from Austin, TX

Great photos Ryan! I wish I'd had the chance to meet you in person that night. I go to as many events and shows as possible in Austin, but somehow we never cross paths. Haha.

Yes, Austin rules. My gal and I moved here about 3 years ago and I've loved it every day. The people here are the bees knees and the hot rod scene is more of a family than it is any where I've ever been.

Dreddybear.... I know exactly what you're saying....and I'm still confused! :)

30. Rudy J

Rudy J
    1. Austin HAMB'ers