Register now to get rid of these ads!

Go for a ride? Mans best copilots! ..lost one tonite......

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Topolino Kid, Mar 17, 2009.

1. toby 10 30 08.jpg toby & alphie in dad's garage.jpg

first picture is Toby....second is Tobias and Alpha...or as i have called them all their lives, Toby and Alphie...Toby was Afphie's dad,,,wife called me at work today at 4:19..told me Toby had prolasped at the annus..i was home in 3 minutes...drove him to a local vet just to make sure there wasn't nothing they could do...he died in my lap outside in the yard at 6:30..vet is just a few blocks away..i've been there with this problem before with Alphie's brother, Samson...you can tell when it's past doing anything....i feel like someone just cut out my soul...........great dog..loyal..always with me no matter what i did....he could howl the song Willin by little feat and hit every octive and change perfectly.............i just got done burreying him in the yard with his other son and the momma dog who he made Alphie with.... i will miss him dearly.............

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. synthsis

synthsis

from one dog lover to another, I feel your sadness. Luckily I haven't lost any of mine yet (wasn't allowed to get a dog until I bought my own house-so they're only 4) but I dread the day that something happens to any of my girls. When we had my fiance's dog put down 2 years ago I lost it for 2 days. This beer is for Toby.

3. thanks man..and then i see that Hambandy died today...what a day........

4. lindaswalker@cableone.net

[email protected]

Sorry to hear about your loss, i can't think of the day when i lose one of my best friends.

5. Kona Cruisers

Kona Cruisers

6. This one doesn't mind being called a rat

Attached Files:

7. Kerry67

Kerry67

I feel your pain brother. I have had to put down two dogs. I cried like a school girl each time. So much for being tough. But, he may be gone from here but now he is running and having a good time somewhere just waiting for the day that you two will be together again. I TOTALLY believe that.

8. synthsis

synthsis

Dogs have powers we can't even fathom (this isn't drunk talk). In my first post I talked about having my fiance's dog put down, she got Lyme's and it got her quick and fast. We took her home from the vet for 30 minutes or so that she could say goodbye to the other 2 dogs we have, it was a rough half hour to say the least. When we took her back to the vet for the final time things got intense. The skies were crystal clear that day, it was a saturday afternoon. Well, when the vet had to do her thing, the sky got dark as night for 5 minutes and when it was her time to go, there was one strike of thunder. weird, right? Then the skies cleared and we knew everything was gonna be ok. I swear to you I'm not making this up. You'll get through it, it just might take some time, luckily you've got his legacy still with you.

earleg and chryslerfan55 like this.
  9. Imwalkin

Imwalkin
    from Tucson, Az

I lost my pup on Friday. Dingo was 17 years old and became my buddy at first sight. She loved to go for rides in all the cars I had. She even knew it was me coming before I got home. She stayed at my moms house because I moved out and did not want her to be alone. I was not the same to got to moms house and not have my dog there.

10. 54metalman

54metalman

So Sorry man. I feel ya. Thought I was going to loose my Piper with a broken back. Turned out to be just a bruised spine. I am truly sorry for your lose.

11. Westside Lefty

Westside Lefty
    from Venice

I am so sorry to hear about your loss. it seems eiree because my dog is extremely not well right now. What I'm saying is that I know how you feel. I've also lost dog's in the past. Very bad thing to go through... I'm sorry

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  12. Fogger

Fogger

When I was a kid, on the family ranch in NM, one of my cousins had an old cowboy saying, "Every horse, dog and man will die", The pain of loss is part of our experience of life, my hearts out to you, it's never easy. The FOGGER

13. Sorry for Your loss, It's a sad sad day when You have to say goodbuy,I've got a 12 Year old Lab,Bailey, who's not doing too well, We've all been through it before but it still tears Your heart out and when You consider that the Dogs are better and smarter than about 99% of the people We've met, it makes You wonder about Life !

14. MENACE

MENACE
    from PHOENIX AZ

I feel for you, its almost a year since we lost or CORGI LUGNUT , i stillmiss that little hairball

15. RAY With

RAY With

Sorry to hear about your loss. Over the years I also have lost a few and it never gets any easyier. This is my side kick BO. Hardly ever leave home without him.

Attached Files:

16. Del Clark

Del Clark
    from DeLand,FL

My little Jack Russel just hears the garage door open and freaks out because he wants a ride in the roadster so bad! I take her with me all the time. I dont know what I would do if I lost her. I guess I am setting myself up for a heartbreak.

17. no man, you are not....love your pup...DOGS EXSIST FOR ONE REASON AND ONLY ONE REASON....TO LOVE YA AND HAVE YOU LOVE THEM BACK....

name another creature on this planet that will lay it's life out there for ya without even questioning it.....

waking up today i dreded all nite....and now i'm awake....and i have to face this day...without him.............

18. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

Dam Mark
    sorry to hear about that
    they become part of the family..sorry for your loss, bud.

19. 4dFord/SC

4dFord/SC

My sincere condolences--having lost a few good 4-legged friends myself over the years, I know how you feel. They become part of the family (or maybe we become part of the pack). I like to think that our departed friends are now in a place where the squirrels are catchable, there's always a sofa to lie on, and nobody minds if I chew on the furniture. RIP.

20. Kerry67

Kerry67

Also, remember that there is ALWAYS another amazing dog just waiting for a good home. You can never replace a dog but a new dog would be special in his/her own way. I have learned that much.....

21. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

you get a dog, knowing full well they will someday break your heart into tiny pieces... but you do it anyhow...

but for me, all the years of love worth it

22. sun down

sun down
    from tx

sorry to hear about your loss,, lost my black lab a few yrs ago... my best friend for over 13 yrs.........I still miss her a lot...........I havent owned one since.

all of us sure could write some good stories about how much fun we have/had with our dogs...

23. rustyford40

rustyford40
    from Mass Bay

We had a black lab for 18 years. need I say more. So sorry.

24. MrExcite

MrExcite

Sorry for your loss . . . this might help

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
    There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
    There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
    The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Bruce Fischer likes this.
  25. Oh me! That is beautiful. If that's the case someday I will rejoice. I'll see my old Rottie again at the "Rainbow Bridge". I've got one now that's going on 13 and that's old for a Rottie. She doesn't get around too good and I'm so afraid that someday she'll be sharp in mind but won't be able to get up and around. I dread the day!

26. I am also a firm believer in the rainbow bridge. After all, the Bible does say that the lion will lay down with the lamb. that proves there are and will be animals in heaven. There are a few waiting for me there already and probably a few more will make it there before me still. The hurt never goes away, it just changes.

27. fenian65

fenian65

lost one a year ago bertha the bassett. still miss her got a chihuahua who is the tough one and a pit who is a big baby. but i love em and i feel your pain. 5 minutes or 5 hours they are always happy to see me. cant say that about humans

28. Okievoodoo

Okievoodoo

I've had to pull a copy of Rainbow Bridge out a couple of times and it always takes me to the good times... Funny how something that can just look at you and you know what it's saying, feeling can brighten your dullest day... How when you wanna just lay around, it goes to the same place and can lay there beside you, but suddenly you get a new spirit to get up and get motivated and it's like they just found a new joy in life... Yeap, we'll get another, I'm sure you will too, and yeah we'll be heart broke again, but for the time we have, it's the best...

Condolences ...

29. synthsis

synthsis

I can't even read that Rainbow Bridge poem. get's me all worked up.

30. model.A.keith

model.A.keith

Rainbow Bridge

It brings tears to my eyes and joy to my heart, I have a few to meet

I feel for your loss