Register now to get rid of these ads!

Who has the fastest 55, 56, or 57 Chevy on the HAMB?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lockwoodkustoms, Jan 12, 2010.

1. Dirty2

Dirty2

Not a very good pict . Thought I had more .

Attached Files:

2. ridin dirty

ridin dirty

Had a 57 it's been gone for some time now. Ran 9.39 at 143 mph on motor set up for juice. Ran 8.40's to 8.60' 160's mph on juice with a motor built from everybodys unwanted parts.

Attached Files:

3. After spending about an hour drooling on my wife's laptop watching you tube videos of Shakey puddin's car, I'd give my vote to him. WOW THAT'S MY DREAM CAR!

4. RacerRick

RacerRick

I think puddin' is still the fastest currently owned by a hamber.

5. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

I am sure there has to be more on this board.Hell with all the comments about these cars being belly buttons and all..........lol.......you would think that there are more out there.

I know one thing about these style cars that has always captured my attention is when we have special events and the guys from NETO show up every now and again this older gentlemen show up with a silver and white 55 and it is not the fastest car but damn it has to be one of the coolest one to go down the track. That is what I want to do with "our "55 (In cas e my wife reads this.....hahahaha.) I have four boys and two girls that seem to be interested in cars well my youngest daughter who is currently 5 months I guess don't count because she can not talk yet. But my oldest child is going to be 15 and she is always bugging me about building her a car and stuff like that so my wife and I are thinking that maybe we will try drag racing the 55 on weekends every now and again and take the older kids and see what they think about it. If my daughter is interested then I might let her runn the 55 after I make sure everything is good to go with the car and her. It only has a mild 350 in it at the moment but over time I will be looking to improve it unless our children take to it. I really don't want them into a superfast car in the begining. But rather I think it would be just family fun and possibly the begining of something for them. If not it will be cool to tell the grand kids when the time comes.

6. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

It is beginning to look that way :D. His car is one mean piece of iron.

7. Jim Sideways

Jim Sideways
    from Ohio

Eweee, Just saw shakey Puddins car on pass time. Looks like that one is a fast one, and a blast to drive.:eek::D

8. ShakeyPuddin55

ShakeyPuddin55

My best time slip is 9.72 @ 134MPH.

But it is an all out drag car currently.

I was really impressed with Squirrel driving all the way from Tucson to NW Phoenix and damn near running a ten second pass.

Check the classifieds: my engine is for sale completely turn key. If it sells, I'm putting in a blown and injected BBC that will really throw some fireworks!

9. Barnfind 56

Barnfind 56

Puddin, you are the man! You have my favorite car on this whole website.

Others that I think are bad ass but not sure what they run:
    uwonamos Daly's Machine Shop 55 Chevy
    Panneton Bros. Racing 56 Chevy

10. hog mtn dave

hog mtn dave

Cool. That ought to put you deep into the 8s.

Quickest 55 and the quickest coupe from the other thread should meet at Mokan in August. Wait a second...a lot of them already do.

11. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

I wish I had the funds to get this.

12. second_time_around

second_time_around
    from Ohio

my 57 chevy 2 door hard top belair will do 0 to 60 in less then 2 seconds and top speed of 358 miles per hour and out ran a 747 jet yesterday , it's now on my personal bridge that crosses the ocean here in Ohio

13. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

:confused:

14. cgaswillys

cgaswillys
    from New Jersey

I'd love to see Shakey Puddin' run Far Beyond driven' but we need to get Erik to get his back together. That would be an awesome race with 2 bad ass 55 Chevies.

15. I love "Shakeypuddin" all the way around and but it really amazes me when I see these things doing anything over a buck-fifty!
    <object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/N5Frbcsvmso&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/N5Frbcsvmso&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

16. chad

chad

That is some funny shit LOL

17. Butch M

Butch M

mine is pretty fast but Shakey Puddin is the man.......

Attached Files:

18. uwonamos

uwonamos
    from Omaha, Ne

Butch, your killen' me, ANOTHER ONE!?!

19. I don't think he's on the HAMB... but Monty Berney lives up this way... he's one hell of a nice guy, and built the fastest stock bodied, stock frame '55 Chevy that I know of. This car is just back halved and has stock front A arms and all... does high 6's at over 200mph... he sold it and built another one.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_TRr51x9Lxs&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_TRr51x9Lxs&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

20. I used to be a fan of Bob Bunker's Beast... back when I was a kid going to Sacramento Raceway and Fremont...
    He's race Wayne Torkleson's T-Bird, Dave Riolo's "Folsom Flash" and back in the late 60's early 70's... he raced against my yellow '55 when they were gassers.

It's all hacked up now... :(
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Bi4pLtH8eEw&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Bi4pLtH8eEw&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

21. Now that I have the bog figured out... we're in the mid 11's...

But it's a street car... four speed... Olds rear and a small block. :)

Red light'n and boggin'...
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VwAB_QvdN-s&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VwAB_QvdN-s&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

22. I'm impressed! I saw your car at Bonneville, with a bike rack on the back no less. Quick and able to make road trips!:)

23. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

Sam you have any pics of yours?If so I would like to see them

24. TrannyMan

TrannyMan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7x68ZHe0hM4
    That video is awesome!

25. senior fried

senior fried

Hey this is a great thread, My 55 runs mid 9's, When I won the Hamb Drags in 08 I ran a 9.83 @ 142 mph, That track late in the afternoon does not hook very well, Thats the deal with all these fast cars , when you line em up sometimes the fastest car does not always win, now as far as A full steel body 55 thats pretty much all original but the motor and drive train, It took some engineering to make it all fit and keep everything looking stock as possible, it is tubbed ,I'll grant you that but still a 55 that you could drive up the street. And It will do over 150 mph, I plan to run It at the Texas Mile In Oct. of this year. I have run alot of events with it and have had a great time at the track with all my Hamb brothers and sisters .WE plan on running at the TEXAS Thaw in Feb and then on to Yello Belly in May for the first 2 Texas events of the year. I still have yet to outrun D.W. , he is a guy that is hard to catch !!! see you guys at the track... Dennis

Attached Files:

26. ShakeyPuddin55

ShakeyPuddin55

kiwijeff likes this.
  27. Big Tony

Big Tony

There a guy who runs a red 57 at the Texas Thaw named Rico that is pretty wicked ass fast...but my 2 all-time fav's is Dennis' Blue 55 and the greatness that is Puddin

28. The Shocker

The Shocker

This is the fast stock interior and bodied 55 i was refering to earlier.Catch him if you can ...

29. chevsotolac

chevsotolac

NOT ME!!! I'm low and slow.....stan