Register now to get rid of these ads!

My '46 Ute and Me

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Anne-Marie, Apr 19, 2014.

1. Anne-Marie

Anne-Marie

I recently bought a 1946 dodge Ute to add to my family of cars. :D His name is BOB the Dodge. ;) I am still adjusting to his driving style but enjoy his interesting moves. He needs work to his paint and the engine needs freshening up. :( Although his previous owner used him as a daily driver he needs a lot of TLC to make him into the Dodge he could be. I also got a few good extra parts for him, when the deal was done.:rolleyes:
    Joe is my hotrod, had him 2 years in August. 1938 Ford pickup with a chev engine. He is a bit of a rat rod, with scruffy paint but a whole lot of character.
    I made "eyes" to go inside the windscreen for shows and events so the children call him Mater but we say he is Mater's Uncle Joe.
    I have other cars and I lean towards ones with character.
    Me - I am a retired executive teacher who now lives by the beach enjoying my passion of driving my cars.:eek:

2. Welcome from the west coast.

3. Anne-Marie

Anne-Marie

Thank you cully33 - I just up loaded some of my cars. cheers from the east coast. :)

4. Just checked them out, that 38 pickup is cool enjoy the HAMB.

5. George

George

Nice looking! Don't use "rat rod" here, it'll get you in trouble, use beater or something else.

6. robber

robber

Gday! Welcome from Colorado, USA! Enjoy the HAMB and your very cool cars, every chance you get :) ...robber

7. HOTFR8

HOTFR8

Welcome from another Aussie and a +1 on the advice not to mention about those vermin things called rats.

8. Anne-Marie

Anne-Marie

hi there,

what is a beater ? cheers A.M.

9. HOTFR8

HOTFR8

Another term for a rough round the edges or even a daily driver.

10. George

George

There have been examples of "Rat Rods" on here way back that are sometimes refered to as "Death Rods" very poorly made cars that are dangerous to the driver & other people in & around them. A Beater is a beat up looking car that isn't a danger on the road.