Register now to get rid of these ads!

Scammer

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by moparsteve636, Feb 19, 2013.

1. moparsteve636

moparsteve636
    from Missouri

Just putting a warning on here! A scammer replied on an ad I have on here! Hes going by the name of John Holmes! He wants your info before sending payment for his shipping outfit to pick up the parts You need to sent the shipping amount to a western union address DON'T DO IT!!!!! He's a fu--ing thief. I hope people read this post and heed the warning.

2. traffic61

traffic61
    from Owasso, OK

Who knew a guy named John Holmes would try to screw you?

3. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks, now I have to clean the coffee off my keyboard......:D

4. bobj49f2

bobj49f2

Scammers are getting a little more ambitious. I just had one contact me for some '40 Buick parts I have listed on my web site. He said he was Denmark and actually mentioned the part I have by name, not the usual "I much am interested in your part" BS. Although his second sentence asked for my bank account number and bank information so he could send the money. I replied telling him I would never give out that kind of information to anyone. He replied back saying he would try to arrange some other kind of payment. After I let him know I would accept certain types of payment and no matter what I wouldn't ship the part for at a least a week to make sure his payment cleared he lost interest.

5. Have you reported it to Ryan?

6. lawman

lawman

Thank's for the "Head's up" !!!!

7. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67
    from J Town

WESTERN UNION= SCAM every time.

8. ems customer service

ems customer service

in europe doing a bank wire is normal, so the request is normal, american consumers just do it. if you go to your bank they should know about european bank transfers and the info you give is a iban and /or swift # to send or recieve.

just don use u.s. bank they can f^&&* up wire transfers all the time, i know first hand

also buick were sold overseas alot especially before ww2

the safe way is get a new checking account with min balance just for overseas transactions. when the money comes in transfer to your private account.

9. And it would really hurt too. ;)

10. Fenders

Fenders

Sounds like you lost a buyer -- haven't you ever received a wire transfer? He needs your bank account info to send one.

Oh and when you send someone a check, do you scratch out your account number and the bank routing number on the bottom of the check? :D

11. I'll bet 80% of the guys here dont even know who JOHN HOLMES was(or is)..Hahahahahahahahaha

12. olcurmdgeon

olcurmdgeon

For us old timers who remember when Western Union was a legit way to do business, last year I didn't specify U.S. Post Office money order so a buyer sent me a Western Union money order. My fault,not his. I went to all the Western Union offices in the phone book in three counties here in NH, drug stores and the like. They all will sell you a Western Union money order but not a damn one would cash one. Finally got one drug store manager to level with me, his chain has orders not to cash them because "too many fakes in circulation". And last year a clerk at the Post Office in our little town, I know her, turned away a young man in line before me who presented a USPS money order to cash it. I heard her tell the Post Master that it was for a large sum of money and was counterfit. And of course being close to Boston we find most clerks will use a pen on a $20 bill and higher due to all the phoney money in circulation.
    I agree with Fenders, a wire transfer to your bank account appears to the be the safest. I sold my shoebox on here by wire transfer, had the money an hour after the guy sent it. And like he said, to do the transfer you need only give the numbers on your check which anyone recieving a check from you have right there on paper.

13. tudorkeith

tudorkeith

Well you are better off giving him a package then receiving his. oh never mind he's dead anyways

14. olcurmdgeon

olcurmdgeon

Man you know you are old when you know who "the" John Holmes was!

15. Frankie47

Frankie47
    from omaha ne.

"the wad" holmes:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

16. oakhill

oakhill

I didn't pay much attention to John, but Linda Lovelace, that's a different story.

17. aka Johnny Wad and Harry Reams.

18. Albie

Albie

Didnt see the repost. And I thought I was the first to be clever.

19. mustangsix

mustangsix

Thanks, Moparsteve. Six total posts to date, four with shit for sale and two to warn of an unknown scammer....geez....thanks for contributing.

20. models916

models916

Kattie Holmes father, I believe.

21. williebill

williebill

Harry was a different guy...

22. sololobo

sololobo

Heads up on all transaction crew. If it's to good to be true, it probably isn't true. Comman sense prevails. Caveat Emptor! ~sololobo~

23. Beware hambers A John Holmes screwed a friend outta some of his crap.