Register now to get rid of these ads!

short wheelbase t-buckets

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Fresh469, Jul 6, 2009.

1. Fresh469

Fresh469
    from Benton, KY

i'm considering building a short wheelbase t-bucket, about like Larry Neal's to use for daily commuting. does anyone have any pictures of them with an 80-90" wheelbase?

2. Fresh469

Fresh469
    from Benton, KY

nothing? come on, theres gotta be something

3. Fresh469

Fresh469
    from Benton, KY

doesn't have to be t-buckets, anything in that wheebase range will work, i'm just trying to get a visual....

4. GothboY

GothboY
    from SoCal

5. bobscogin

bobscogin

Here's the best I can do-- 94" wheelbase. Obviously incomplete but will have a lakes modified flavor with a hood and gas tank on the kick up. I'll furnish more details if interested.

Bob

Attached Files:

6. Barn-core

Barn-core

90", and that was with a suicide style front axle. It's easy though when you're only running a 4 banger. This thing was a blast though, and I'd like to build another one like it some day.

Attached Files:

7. Tweetie Pie!!! (look for it - Roth's scooter)

8. Here you go....

Attached Files:

9. Fresh469

Fresh469
    from Benton, KY

barn-core thats exactly what i'm wanting, only about 5 inches shorter in the front. i will either be running a 4 or a small v6.

10. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Look at Tommy Ivo's T, The kookie T, Lightning bug, man there is quite a list.
    Apparently one of them cars ate a guys brain!! Be careful man!
    Doc.

11. overkillphil

overkillphil

Here's a pic of my uncle's buddy in Portland. It's kind of a short 4 banger and it's not a T...
    [​IMG]

12. snakecbaker

snakecbaker
    from Keyser, WV

Awesome t bucket Barn-core. Do you have any other photos or information. From the photo's I can see its a fiberglass body and a 2.0 or 2.3 motor.

13. COOP

COOP

Built a T a few years ago with a very short wheelbase. I put a t-5 behind a 350 and wound up with a 3 1/2" driveshaft. Only time I got the chance to drive it was when the guy that bought it had me drive it to his house. Got there with no problem, but the first time he took his buddy for a ride he had to crank up the coil overs to get the u-joints to work. Granted, the guy was a heavyweight, but I didn't think that there would be a problem. Lucky for him however, he didn't like the 5 speed and put a 350 turbo in it. I guess that was a little shorter and worked better. Must have worked, he moved to Vegas and has beed drivin' it for 15 years. I asked him one time how it handled being so short, and said it worked fine. Only problem was, at faster than should be on the turns, the tires give a little squeal 'cause I put the spindles on backwards to get tie rod clearance. This really screwed up the Ackerman principle in the steering. But even with this the 'lil short shit works good.

14. davidwilson

davidwilson
    from Tennessee

check my profile out - 89" built in 1970 w/ spring over - several photos