Register now to get rid of these ads!

Cerakote Chromex Ceramic coating review

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by nicamarvin, Jun 18, 2012.

1. nicamarvin

nicamarvin
    from nicaragua

well guys months ago I bought 8oz of Cerakote Chromex Ceramic coating for high temp parts, I bought it mostly because of the advertised chrome appearance, I wanted to know if this was true or not, well using it over my famus plastic spoons(slowly cured at 200 degrees f) at that time the ceramic was good enough to polish, it polished to a high polish aluminum.. its like any other good chrome paint on the looks, except it takes fire like a champ...:cool:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/yh4mjchpXDQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. nicamarvin

nicamarvin
    from nicaragua

a PVC done in Cerkote Chromex showing how shiny it can get...

[​IMG]

against triple chrome
    [​IMG]

against Spray On Chrome
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

and a Video
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/vQqL8UzMAqY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

3. CCPcoatings.com

CCPcoatings.com

Looks great. Unfortunately in the real world it will have little durability in that it needs to cure at or above 500F for an hour.....

4. I own a powder coat shop and we've used Cerakote Chromex. We've always hit it with "0000" steel wool first then "Autosol" polish. They recommend "Mothers" mag wheel polish but we found out the Autosol works much better and gives it a better shine. It's not bad, I would say it will hold up a lot better then the spray on chrome. The fellas at NIC told us the Cerakote Chromex is the same product Edelbrock uses to coat their products.

5. nicamarvin

nicamarvin
    from nicaragua

thanks for the info :)