Register now to get rid of these ads!

51 chevy Door Glass Installation

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by blown240, Mar 19, 2006.

1. blown240

blown240
    from So-cal

Does the door glass go in before the division bar and vent window, or does it go in last? and do you put the bottom channel on the glass while it is out, or once its in?

Thanks!

2. 50chevy

50chevy
    BANNED

3. Put the bottom channel on the glass first, then put the window in the door and hook up the window to the track system , then install the division bar and wing glass last.

4. shortcut76009

shortcut76009

Have you figured out the install? I'm having the same issue

5. Dano382

Dano382
    from HB, CA

I just did my driver door glass on my coupe. I dropped the glass into the bottom chanel first. Make sure to use adhesive or the glass might come out of lower channel after you put it all back together, happend to me:D.

Then put in your division bar/wing window in and adjust the lower channel adjustment screw to make sure it cycles up and down smooth without binding up.

I don't think you can get glass out or in with the division bar still in place.:rolleyes:

Also left the glass holder on it's track because I installed new scrapers and it would pass thru with it attached to glass. Helps if you have another person to assist you.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2013