Register now to get rid of these ads!

Nationwide Single Car Transport/Hauling Open or Enclosed

Discussion in 'The H.A.M.B. O'Dex' started by Bill's Auto Works, Aug 6, 2011.

1. ***************** IMPORTANT PLEASE READ*************************
    ONLY MY INITIAL POST IS FROM 2011! ALL SUBSEQUENT POSTS ARE FROM CUSTOMERS LEAVING FEEDBACK ABOUT MY SERVICE & ARE CURRENT THROUGH 2024!!!!

Hello Everyone,

I am a single car transporter out of Northern Ohio. I offer both Open & Enclosed personalized service. 2024 starts my 42th year in the business with 4.5 MILLION accident-free transport miles & more than 2800 vehicles safely transported for customers who don't want to take a chance on bottom feeders with JUNK equipment & a REPUTATION to match!

My resume includes :
    SEMA
    Barrett-Jackson
    Hot August Nights Invitational
    Concourse De Elegance Shows
    Numerous Museums
    Many Autorama/World of Wheels Shows
    Several Celebrities & Professional Athletes

The trailers are :

Featherlite aluminum single car open trailer with a large air dam on the front to prevent stone chips.

Ameri-Lite aluminum single car enclosed trailer. This is an actual vehicle trailer with a dove tail read & a drive in rear door for loading of the lowest of vehicles. This trailer is fully finished inside with RaceDeck flooring, insulation, poly walls, compressed air & electricity. Also I will never pile a bunch of greasy parts around your vehicle & there is no equipment hanging from the walls to fall on your vehicle (I.E. ladders, etc)

Both trailers have electric winches on them, so the vehicle need not run. It MUST however roll on inflated tires & the brakes cannot be locked up. This is very important as I do not want to tear up my equipment. I transport many six figure vehicles, so I want to keep my stuff in top notch shape. If you are willing to pay more for enclosed transport, it should be Quality Enclosed Transport...There is a difference!!

NEVER is there a charge for unloaded miles, logistics is part of a transporters job! I build my trucks to get excellent fuel mileage, so deadheading a bit is not a problem.

The price I quote is the price you pay! I will never try to extort more money from you after I quote you a price or during the transport.

I am strictly CASH on delivery. I also do NOT take deposits, I believe a mans word is his bond. All that is required to lock a spot on my schedule is a phone call, email or P.M.

As part of my personalized service, I do NOT stay in hotels. I sleep in my truck at a well lit travel plaza or rest area, so nobody bothers the customers vehicle or my equipment! I read so many threads about trucks & trailers stolen while laying in a hotel parking lot. Now I am sure if the truck looks like it is headed for the scrapper, the chance of it getting stolen are less, but still vandalizing or stealing the customers vehicle is a real concern! I am sure the gentlemen who trust me with their 6 figure plus vehicles that are basically irreplaceable appreciate the fact I don't lay around in a hotels & give that extra level of service!

I NEVER hide behind aliases, I am proud of my reputation, my full name & equipment, so they will always be shown prominently. No matter who you chose, Google search their full name, before you hire them!

In My Honest Opinion a real business has a physical address that they pay property taxes, business cards, uniform shirts, quality equipment & a sincere respect for the customers it serves. If you are local, my shop/equipment are always available to be inspected (appointment required as I am on the road so much)

I am ALWAYS available to quote you a cash on delivery price, so that you can figure that cost into the purchase of your vehicle, discuss transport options, offer advice on trucks/trailers if you are considering doing the transport yourself. If I cannot help you with your transport myself, I can recommend a handful of gentlemen that I trust 100% with my overflow. They are all Quality Transporters, Honest Men & Life Long Car Guys as well!

Thank You & God Bless
    Bill Squires (owner)
    Bill's Auto Works
    (216)832-8697 cell NO TEXTS
    [email protected]
    View attachment 3063423 View attachment 3063424 IMG_20160803_173229743 (640x360).jpg IMG_20161207_150411023_HDR (640x360).jpg IMG_20170111_083944031_HDR (640x360).jpg IMG_20161209_102110309_HDR (640x360).jpg IMG_20161121_111728751 (640x360).jpg IMG_20160914_164256836_HDR (640x360).jpg IMG_20160710_181121482_HDR (640x360).jpg IMG_20160413_141433410 (640x360).jpg IMG_20160413_142433226 (640x360).jpg 001 (640x360).jpg P0003703 (640x429).jpg P0003724 (640x429).jpg P0003653 (640x429).jpg P0003658 (640x429).jpg P0003612 (640x429).jpg P0003614 (640x429).jpg P0003622 (640x429).jpg P0003623 (640x429).jpg P0003667 (640x429).jpg P0003711 (640x429).jpg

Last edited: Mar 15, 2024
  2. markl350

markl350

Bill has my backing as the "best in class". Thanks for putting the scenic picture of my Galaxie on your page...made the long trip from Georgia to Massachusetts without a scratch, nick or bump! Bill also recently delivered a late model Dodge SRT8 for me from Massachusetts to Florida and I could not have asked for a better price or service. I have used "corporate haulers" in the past and they can't compare.

3. niterunner71

niterunner71

Bill is the best. great prices, never an issue. I use him exclusively for my stuff.

4. OldoginMd

OldoginMd

Bill delivered for me this morning [Aug 32 2001 ]] and went beyond the pale ...excellent said what he was going to do and then did it

Oldog

5. telnic41

telnic41

What can i say about Bill, well considering im all the way over in England and several thousand miles away Bill done me a great service i had many a conversation with him always very helpful and polite.Bill collected my model A for me within a couple of weeks and delivered it to new jersey shipping port safely and even though i hadn;t paid him on collection and had to wire the money over he trusted me and thats something thats become a rare thing theses days,thanks again Bill and if i get the chance to ship again in the near future i,ll be calling on your services. fantastic guy...

6. ratmaned

ratmaned

Bill is great Guy,no BS with him the right price for the right job.He has hauled 3 for me I'm very pleased.

7. Jeffsracing

Jeffsracing

Contacted Bill to haul a 57 Chevy for me and first class service all the way. Great communication, fast service and absolutely made sure my car arrived in good condition. Highly recommend him for auto transport and would definitely use Bill again.

Thanks to The Hamb for a great site and people like Bill make it even better.

[​IMG]

8. DenD

DenD
    from PA

I just had Bill deliver a 1947 Studebaker Pickup. He was great to work with and a true gentleman. Kept me informed throughout the delivery. I would recommend him to anyone.

9. I have used Bill 4 times and every time he was great!. This week 9/2011 Bill picked up a Cobra for me and transported it to Michigan. He calls and keeps you updated on when he will arrive and goes over and above to make the exsperiance a pleasant one. Not like others that call at 2:00 AM and "say we are here to pick up your car". This latest Cobra doesnt have windows so Bill made a set of cardboard side window just in case he hit some rain. As Bill said " I wouldn't want any water to get into the drivers compartment if it rains".
    Bill also transported our 55 Chevy Gasser from Ohio to my shop in South Carolina. He will be back in a few weeks to transport a Jag XJS to Ohio.
    A great guy that performs a service at an affordable price that you will not be disappointed with.
    Johnny Sweet

10. Two thumbs way up! Thanks again for a super smooth trouble free transport Bill. He is a great guy, conscientious, and trust worthy, and kept in touch every step of the way. I was really impressed. By far the best hauler I have ever used. Highly recommended! Five stars! Thanks again Bill!

11. stmotorsports

stmotorsports

Bill is a great guy, super friendly and easy to work with. He delivered my baby safe and sound, and not any rustier than she already was! Thanx again Bill!

12. petebert

petebert

Bill was very easy to work with as I tried to figure out how to get my family and vehicles moved to another state. He was door to door for me from KY to MI within the same day. I was also pleasantly surprised with his price considering how expensive gas is right now.

13. Sold my 32 roadster and the buyer had Bill haul it to Phoenix..The car was picked up in a timely manner ... And left quickly for its new home.....

14. Mr.Bomba

Mr.Bomba

Bought a utility bed from another hamber and had no way of transporting it home so i posted an ad in the wanted section and Bill responded and told me he was passing through where the bed was and was coming as close as San Diego and gave me a super deal to transport it and well 2 days later the bed is in my shop..... great job Bill thanks! and i highly recomend Bills Auto Works! way to go Bill!!! :D

Conrad Garcia

15. gtomike

gtomike
    from Maine

If you want the best then call Bill. He is the fussiest car hauler you will ever find. He does the job RIGHT. He hauled 1927 Peerless and a multitude of parts from California to Maine for me. He even garaged it and waited for a storm to pass so he wouldn't get the California top wet. I will use him for ALL my shipping needs.

16. gearshiftknob

gearshiftknob

I would recommend Bill for shipping. A great guy who takes pride in his work. Had my 53 chevy pick up delivered right to my door.

17. 34Fordtk

34Fordtk

Again Bill is first class, delivered my A chassis and Sport Coupe body on time. I will use his services again.

18. Motoboy

Motoboy

Bill did a great job delivering my 71 Nova from a pretty remote part of West Virginia when all the national shippers wouldn't touch it. Very fair price, and great communication. If you need someone you can trust Bill's your guy.
    Thanks again,
    John

19. bill james

bill james
    from olean ny

Bill just took a 55 Chevy from Olean,NY to Pearl River La. for me and did a great job. He called me twice to give me up dates on progress on his trip. I would highly recommend him to anybody.

20. bill james

bill james
    from olean ny

Bill just took a 55 Chevy from Olean,N.Y. To Pearl River,La. and did a great job. I will be using him again ,and will tell any body I can to use him.

21. hemiblwn

hemiblwn
    from Oklahoma

Bill transported my willys from Florida to Oklahoma.

He kept me updated on the trip. Car arrived if perfect condition.

First class transporter with great equipment !!

22. dmac620

dmac620

Bill just shipped two vehicles for me. He took my 50 Chevy down to Texas and returned with my new 27 coupe. Great guy to work with. Keeps you updated throughout the entire process. Great prices as well. I will use him exclusively for any of my transport needs in the future.

23. Bill brought a BMW Isetta to me from Texas to NJ. Best price, fast service and keeps you informed during the entire transaction. Finally found someone who can do their job and is good at it. I will be useing him again!

24. 59bones

59bones
    from Illinois

Hey all.

Bill just dropped off an OT Mustang for me. Houston to Chicago area with no troubles except rain. I had not used him before but based on my phone conversations I felt comfortable enough for him to pick up the car when no one was home. Let himself in and out no problem. Good communication, on time and no BS.

Will definantly use him again!

Thanks Bill.

25. Austin Speed Shop

Austin Speed Shop
    from Austin TX

W e just had Bill transport a Buick Wildcat for us and it was a smooth transaction all the way..
    A++++

26. Bill just brought a glass Willys body out to me from OK. and took my newly aquired isetta on its way out to Ca. Always in touch and on time. He will always be my first call for transport. Second time in as many months that I used his service. This guy is a class act.

27. 67chevyholmes

67chevyholmes

yesterday i had bill haul my 1952 ford customline from lafayette new jersey to a drop off site 2 hrs from my house he called me 3 times giving me updates and etc even sent me a pic of the car when it was on his trailer on its way bill is a great guy great auto transporter .

28. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Bill brought my new toy from Pennsylvania to Iowa.
    Picked up when he said he would and drove all night and called me to say when he would be at my place at 7:30 am and showed up at 7:30 am.

Worked for me.

Cob

Last edited: Aug 5, 2013
  29. Joey7319

Joey7319

Bill is a Man of his word. Great shipper. Thanks again for bringing the model A Halfway across the country. Great Service with Great Pricing. I could`nt have done it myself for what I paid Bill.

Thanks again.

30. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

Bill picked up a car for a customer. He called in advance with approximate date for pick up. He called the day before with a time range of 30 minutes. He was dead on time after a very short night of sleep. He was trying to stay ahead of bad weather, which he did successfully.

In the short time we spent together, I found Bill to be pleasant and cordial. He did a careful job of loading the car and secured it properly.

I would recommend Bill's services.