Register now to get rid of these ads!

Pedal Car ID

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by gierhed, May 26, 2005.

1. gierhed

gierhed

Anyone into pedal cars. Can you help me id this one? Gonna atttempt a full resto for my youngins when I have some one day.

Gierhed

2. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

It's a '48 Murray, I have one.

3. denis4x4

denis4x4
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Colorado

Get a Blue Diamond catalog...it has all the parts you need. 402/323-3220. This is a 48 Murray with a "few" modifications!

4. Nads is right. Looks alot like a '48 Murray "Pontiac".

I resurrected this early '60's Murray "Lancer Wagon" that originally belonged to my wife and brother-in-law. Speedway [www.bluediamondclassics.com] provided alot of the repro parts.

5. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Arent those being repop now? Speedway also has a pedal car only catalog

6. Slag Kustom

Slag Kustom

speedway caries the parts for most of the popular pedal cars.I was looking to do a kidillac for my neice but for the $150 to buy a new done car i gave up on the kidillac and got a 55 chevy from speedway then had anthony white put some tiny stripes on it.

7. OldSchoolObee

OldSchoolObee

That is a Murry dip side champion..like others have posted...Blue Diamond has EVERYTHING for it...(BTW..yours truly designed the Midwest Studebaker Sportster graphic kit for em):D

8. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

the kidallac is the one pedal car I always wanted, I wonder why it has not been reproduced as popular as it was...

9. gierhed

gierhed

Thanks for the info guys. It looks like Speedway has everything for both the Murray and my AMF fire cheif car also. The wife of 2 months is really interested in helping me restore them, and wants to have creative direction with the Murray. So I am gonna have some fun.

10. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

[​IMG]

how about this one? Cast iron steering wheel with spark advance lever.

11. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Speedway bought Blue Diamond Classics, right?

I say this cause I picked up a 41 Steelcraft Chrysler(for $250 no less:D !) in an antique store in Indy about 5-6 years ago and headed straight over to Blue Diamond's store for parts the next morning. When I got there, they TOLD me they sold out to Speedway and had NO parts :confused: :mad: ......so I sold it later that day for a five hundred dollar profit...so whatever:cool: