Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration TheMokanEARLY** ART** SHOW

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jeff Norwell, Aug 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Well may as well get 'er started.....
    54Bomb dropped me a line telling me this was produced.....so I guess it's safe.

I wish I was going to the DRAGS....but...I am a slave to the board(drawing board that is!)

Burn rubber fellas......lets begin!
    Post away!!

Attached Files:

2. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

.....oh yea....this is the color version of the Revolution....maybe Ryan will use it:rolleyes:

Attached Files:

3. Question for all you artists...If we find some art you guys post really bitchin, do you care if we print it up and hang it?

4. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

I personally don't care...thats what is for.....
    but if I find out your printing it and SELLING them...

......look out.

5. Im talking for personal use in my own garage only...thanks for the quick response Brush.

Mark

6. TINGLER

TINGLER

Here's a painting I did recently for a customer.

The painting looks a lot better in person. My camera is shit. I got to doing some research and my camera is 1.3 megapixels. Holy shit. Even the cheapo cameras nowdays are like at least 4 megapixels. I might as well be taking these pics with a pinhole camera.

Any of you guys want to suggest a decent camera for me. Preferably one in the $500 or below range....???

I'd appreciate it.

I'm looking to buy one SOON.

Anyhow, my pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. TINGLER

TINGLER

Here's a pic of one of my T-shirts in its new home. I did this one several months ago....but I've not posted this pic.

I had to send this guy an email and tell him that HE'S supposed to wear the shirt......as it will never fit on that car. :D

Just joking.

I love this pic. Its really nice to see where my art goes. Its also nice to get feedback and have folks say they like it. Its really fulfilling to make art for appreciative people.

....like the Brooding Swede on here. He's an old friend of mine so he has a lot of my art. His bathroom looks awesome. Its like a TINGLER show every day of the year in there. :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

8. ploon

ploon

9. LOWCAB

LOWCAB
    from Houston

Hello to all and thanks for letting me jump in on this. I was an old HAMB member but mostly been a lurker off and on. I have been going through the Art archives and you have been all doing some awsome stuff.

I hope you guys/gals enjoy my stuff. I have lots more if you want to see some.
    [​IMG]
    BR

10. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Well we know who you are now LOWCAB....nice work and welcome.:)

11. flathead okie

flathead okie

Hell yeah! Let's see it.

12. LOWCAB

LOWCAB
    from Houston

This one actually got published.
    [​IMG]
    BR

13. Brush,

Thanks for starting the post...killer stuff as always.
    Here's a design I've been working on...not sure what I'll do with it?!?

Attached Files:

14. sean72

sean72

Brush, love the new one man!

Tingler, great gasser! The wife and I both have Sony cameras with 7.2 Mega Pixels each. I love them both, small enough to stick in your pocket but great photos. I believe the camara price is in the $250 - $300 range.With the higher pixels make sure you have a few memory sticks or one giant one as the more pixels the more room they take to store. This brings me to my only negative of the Sony's, the cards are a bit more expensive than other brands.

Here is one I am still working on, it's just the line art right now and will get some color soon.

Sean

Attached Files:

15. Glad to hear you don't mind! I've got the one you did that was in R & C a couple months ago in my garage right above my workbench.:)

16. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

sean72....dats nice.....

Where holeshotting fellas.....a great start....lets keep the revs high and the hides boiling

keep'er coming!

17. Slide

Slide

Awesome show already!

I got nuthin this week. :(

Tingler-- check out http://dpreview.com/ for more than you ever want to know about digital cameras. They actually post up pics taken with the cameras they review. I've used a bunch of different ones, and the Nikons & Canons seem to be consistently good... they seem to put the least noise in the images. Olympus is right in there, too. Sony has made some awesome ones, and some that suck pretty bad. Same for Fuji & Kodak. We had a Minolta here at work... that one I hated.

18. ProEnfo

ProEnfo
    from Motown

Excellent Brush ! ....guess I'll go hide my Etch-a-Sketch :eek:

CC

19. 1- shot slinger

1- shot slinger

Great Show guys!!! Brush your stuff is awesome! I think I've said that before, but its always needed to be said. Sean I love the dragster! Tingler the shirt is really cool, and the 55 gasser is just as cool! ...and welcome LOWCAB, nice renderings!

I did this Sunday on a '53 Ford owned by Sean, an member of the Road Devils here in Denver, he's on the HAMB too, his screen name is "coloradosean."

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. LOWCAB

LOWCAB
    from Houston

I'm trying to learn to pistripe so that I can incorporate it into my art.
    I sure need alot more practice. At least one side of my toolbox looks "interesting".
    I have been looking forward to this for a week. Nice art everyone.

BR

Barnett, you out there? This is Lowcab off the BDS Forum.
    I'm sure he will be on here.

21. KCsledz

KCsledz

Three new ones. You might have seen them in a post a day or two ago.

The wagon is how I want my wagon painted. Silver and turq.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

22. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

With or WITHOUT your glasses! HaHaHa!..........j/k:D

Brush...slave to the board??? You mean MOUSE right?:p
    That's a BADASS pic by the way. I think I save EVERY one of your pictures.
    I need to GET OUT of the garage and DRAW something!!!!!!

23. MrExcite

MrExcite

When I see a post by Brush, my hand starts "right clicking-save as" before the page even loads !!

My motives are purely evil though, I'm making myself a "Draw Hot Rods the Brush Way" text book. :D

Also Brush, what year did you start the R & C illustrations? I'm looking into back issues and flea market finds for more reference . . .

MrExcite
    Brush Fan Boy

24. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

I honestly can't remember...late 90's?
    thanks very much fellas:eek:

KZsleds..love it dood.

uhh.I am waiting for Zombie to get out of bed and post...or dreemee Jeemee,Tuck
    or Count Von FRANCO...or Janne the Viking god....
    .....OR YOU!

:)

25. I'm not too concerned with you putting up copies of my stuff, it's actually a
    nice compliment. Permission in the form if a P.M. might be nice, too. The good thing about you "displaying" our stuff is that others will see it and that could turn into a nice business opportunity for us.(Should you be inclined to turn people our way.) That's the impression I've gotten from this forum; that everyone wants to work together and help them acheive their goals.

26. Nice work, Brush. Her's a drawing I've hesitated at putting up as it barely passes for 'traditional"(you all be the judge.) The subject of chopping the top of one of these barges was recently brought up on the forum,so,...
    The origional has no chop to the roof, I was trying to get a factory feel there. The customizing is subtle(tail lights,filled air spoiler @ rear, cowl induction hood,front Air dam, You get the Idea.) I photoshopped a chopped version but figured the first way was the right way.

Prisma ColorInk/paint "IMPALA XS"

[​IMG]

27. LE'S ROLL!

Nice stuff, LowCab! Welcome aboard.
    Here's another one.

[​IMG]

28. bdrake

bdrake
    Member Emeritus

Just because it's Mokan weekend,
    back to the vault.

[​IMG]