Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration ***friday art show***

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rollie, Jun 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Don't have anything car related right now, but I have this from back in the school days...

Had it at work a few days ago to show someone.

Attached Files:

2. flyingpolock

flyingpolock
    from PHX

That is too cool. :eek:

3. GraphicELK

GraphicELK
    from Bay Area

Kim Basinger?

4. Stone

Stone

I wish I could afford to have you guys draw me the ride I want from the ideas I have. Hopefully one day.

5. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Wasn't going to post this week as I had nothing new to show. But seeing all the great work got me inspired to do a new piece. I have always loved the vector art that Hidden shows, which I think has inspired a few others to produce some neat vector stuff as well. I have copied a bit of Hiddens stuff and used them in a couple of my striped pieces.
    Well yesterday I was going through my files and came across the '59 Chev piece. I am not sure who produced this piece ( I do hope the guy how did produce it doesn't mind that I used that image! ). But I thought it would work well with some of the stuff I do. Basically I printed the vector piece onto a piece of A4 low sheen light metallic blue paper and then I did some striping. I will then laminate this piece put it ito a frame and have a new addition to my collection!
    Hidden I like the fact you use only one color. Or maybe the fact that when you have used another color (red ) in the past, I think it is to bold and bright. Just my thoughts!
    Another great art show, I thank everyone for helping me keep motivated! Geoff aka whodaky
    [​IMG]

6. Zumo

Zumo

That would be mine. :D Looks great. As long as you don't mass produce those babies or sell them I think we're cool ;).

[​IMG]

7. kmbgt

kmbgt
    from Austin, TX

Wow...I'm in awe of all the artwork on here. Here is my submission for today's show. Still scribbling away doing developmental sketches and things:)
    887.jpg

8. Broman

Broman
    from an Island

I was just thinking. Is anyone here a member of an art related message board...well - let's just call that a rhetorical question - no answers necessary. The reason I am bringing it up is that I was/am a member of a couple other art boards an they often have "portfolio" sections. That is to say - a link attached to each members' personal info (under the avatar) that will point you to a section that has that artists' shared work.

It is an awesome way for folks to see your range of work.

I have always been inspired by HAMB members an all of their styles. I have taken a few shots at trying to have fun with other styles - especially when I see something that really inspires me.

I few years ago I did some vector work that reminds me of Hidden's stuff (which is what reminded me of this whole topic). It was long before he was a member, so I know it wasn't him that inspired it (which is beside the point), but after seeing his success every week it really makes me want to go back and do some more of that. (man - if I still worked at the sign shop...)

I also did some photoshop stuff like the stuff Zumo just put up, and again, I feel like doing some more of that after seeing his stuff.

Then there is the constant barrage of great stuff that I see here weekly - but have never done and would love to try.

Sometimes I feel like it would really be sweet to see a list of artists that I could pick from and scope their stuff alone - without all of the other traffic that is found when you go throught the art archives. No paragraphs, no "wow that's sweet dude" comment, just the members' art in a clean diplay page. I am kinda webbuilding retarded though, I have no idea what goes into building a web site, so maybe that's alot to ask...

....and maybe I am just wishing out loud, but If Ryan is ever looking for HAMB update "wish-list" types of things in the future maybe that would be a cool suggestion.

It's not that I don't like going through the archives for inspiration - it's more like, now that I know most of your styles by getting to see them displayed regularly, I'd like to see your stuff all alone - in one place.

blah blah blah - yakkity smakkity .....bottom line, I love you guys and I want to see you succeed.

Now that sounded a little gay.

9. Last post for the friday Art Show(actually on Friday!):

The finished(I think)resin car.This car was originally carved by Greg DePauw of Metamora Illinois and a mold was made and he cast a few in resin.They are about 15" long and weigh a ton.

The base paint is silver and candy blue that has been bagged.After I got the process blue on I didn't know whether to use bright red or slime green for a second color so I used both.

The second item is a piece of foam board that has been taking up space in my shop for a few months.I had sprayed it ivory and left it.Decided to have some fun with it tonight.Made a color wheel of sorts out of scrolls.Started with maroonand progressed through bright red,vermillion,orange,chrome yellow,emerald green,process blue,and finally purple.Don't know if it's finished yet or not.

Attached Files:

10. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Thankyou Zumo. No this is for my collection . However I will display it at a show in a couple of weeks, but I will be giving credit to you for your image, which from my point of view is really the focal point of this peice.
    Broman I am always messing with different styles as well as different surfaces to stripe on. Striping on a shiny painted surface is great but when you stripe on stuff that does interesting things with the paint, such as absorbing it, then you can come up with new and interesting things happening. I won't go to deep into my theories on this as this would turn into a long rant.
    Thanks again Zumo. Geoff aka whodaky

11. Django

Django
    from Chicago

This has to be one of the coolest art show threads in a long time!

12. mikes51

mikes51

Here's another, a photoshop piece. My existing car on the left and a photochopped version on the right.

[​IMG]

13. wow. page six, great stuff too.

I just finished worlds fastest indian and got inspired... i want to go to the salt.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Great Art show, very inspiring!

Two pieces from me, I'm still working on the Model A Pick-Up. Finish undecided.

Attached Files:

15. brainfrz

brainfrz

Here's a pic of Tingler's work. All I can say is AWESOME! Love it. its a gift for my brother in law and i think he's gonna flip.

Thanks jason. I will order more....

Jon

Attached Files:

16. ShortBus

ShortBus

Damn Zombie. That rendering makes my pants tighter.. I want to see it on black velvet..

Here's a recent.
    [​IMG]

17. 00 MACK

00 MACK

phone

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.