Register now to get rid of these ads!

Time to get serious

Discussion in 'HA/GR' started by OBFB HA/GR, Jan 20, 2011.

1. Black Knight Racing

Black Knight Racing
    from Sydney Oz

sounds great mate , looking forward to seeing everyone in Feb

2. OBFB HA/GR

OBFB HA/GR

Finally got around to rear end ratio change. I have been running 4.11 and she seems to be still pulling up in the revs at the top end, only running around 4100 rpm at the line. So now we've gone to 4.875 so we should be up around 5000 now. Of course we need to heat the ring gear to get her on the carrier, had to clean it in the dishwasher first though, hehe.

Attached Files:

3. OBFB HA/GR

OBFB HA/GR

While setting the tappets last week I noticed a crack in the front crank pulley, cast iron , and yes I know the aren't legal, so I thought it was time to turn up an aluminum one. armed with this small piece I whittled it down. Sure do hope it works out ok

Attached Files:

4. bobw

bobw

Looks like it will be a nice piece Nigel. Nice to have the skills and equipment to make racing parts.

5. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

On the subject of turning your headlights on at light speed: If you reach light speed, you are driving a SBC-powered hotrod. Oh oh ! Let the slander begin ! !

6. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

There is no slander involved when blasphemy has been spoken. :eek:

7. RacerRoy3

RacerRoy3
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

To the interloper all I can say is: There was a time when driving a crate meant a low buck, home build hotrod not a "I bought it because I don't how to build one" SBC. :rolleyes:

8. OBFB HA/GR

OBFB HA/GR

Finally finished the new crank pulley, key way cut, timing marks set, ready to rock and roll

Attached Files:

9. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

Nicely done Nigel. Nothing better than home made parts.

10. OBFB HA/GR

OBFB HA/GR

Seeing as we have some time until the next race meet I thought it was time to move some more weight to the rear. First up is to relocate the battery. Just a bit of surgery to the rear x member, but will reinforce it to cope

Attached Files:

11. OBFB HA/GR

OBFB HA/GR

So we fired up the faithful Binford 6100 hot glue gun and tacked everything in place. As per Tom's instructions we drilled holes in everything first.

Attached Files:

12. OBFB HA/GR

OBFB HA/GR

All glued up

Attached Files:

13. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

Paint it green and make it fast! :p

14. Old6rodder

Old6rodder
    from SoCal
    1. HA/GR owners group

OK, now I'm jealous, never seed one what pokes holes so nice too. :eek:

Gess I gotta git me one'dem Binford's ones, I been puttin' up wit dis ol' toomstone fer two dam long. :mad:

:D

15. bobw

bobw

Ya might hafta add a wheelie bar now.

16. OBFB HA/GR

OBFB HA/GR

So now that the battery crossmember has been deleted we have had to add an new one, then remount the fuel tank too

Attached Files:

17. OBFB HA/GR

OBFB HA/GR

All glued up and ready for some paint, just as well I work in a body shop and we just happen to have some of that green paint in stock

Attached Files:

18. spanners

spanners

Ah Nigel. You'll need more than a weight transfer. I updated the 1"1/4 SUs to 1'' 3/4 SUs on the Grey motor, took it to Sydney last weekend for a test and tune, ran a couple of 14.3s @92m.p.h. When I got home I realized that it was only running on 2 carbys instead of 3. Runs on 3 now but wont get a chance to run it till Gunnedah 17-18th May. Look out at the next Nostalgias at Willowbank.
    Peter

19. RacerRoy3

RacerRoy3
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Can you say "MATCH RACE"! There is definitely some serious HA/GR racin' going on in Oz.

20. OBFB HA/GR

OBFB HA/GR

Well Pete, I'm gunna have to get a hurry on the way you're going. Give em heaps at Gunnedah mate.

21. OBFB HA/GR

OBFB HA/GR

[GALLERY image.jpg image.jpg well we got her buttoned up and painted, new update coming next week so you'll have to wait till then=][/GALLERY]

22. spanners

spanners

Well Nigel, Gunnedah was a mixed bag. Off the trailer , heaps of wheel spin, 9.255 @ 119.12kph (74mph). 2nd run, 8.987 @ 122.51kph (76.13 mph). Pretty much settled into low nines for the rest of the weekend. In the eliminations unfortunately I didn't allow for the extra grunt and used too much pedal when chasing a car with a half second start. Sat and spun and couldn't reel him in, back on the trailer. One consolation was winning the fastest reaction time award for over 50's with a 0.010. Still a good weekend of racing. By the way, for those not aware, Gunnedah is an airstrip and is 1/8th mile.
    Unfortunately Kevin Unger had a shocker. He changed to a different carb which went like stink but when he shut off would stall and not restart. After 2 runs I had to go and tow him back as his battery was flat. That was a sight, one HAMBster towing another. He put it on the trailer and headed home with what he thought was a burnt valve.
    Off to Sydney this weekend for the next round of the Championships.

23. OBFB HA/GR

OBFB HA/GR

See what the tooth fairy left in my mail box. I'm so sick and tired of carbs misbehaving, I lashed out on a set of brand new out of the box Holleys. I'm kinda hoping this makes my life easier. Oh and watch out Spanners, it's on.

Attached Files:

24. OBFB HA/GR

OBFB HA/GR

Those new carbines are just the gear, hit the starter button and she fired right right up, idled and revved up betters an ever, yeah HA

25. spanners

spanners

Glad to hear they were the answer. You'll still need all the help possible although you have probably won the first round of this computer pissing contest. I'll do a review in a 'Sydney round three championship' post. (If I can work out this new fangled forum doover lackey).