Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anyone know HAMBY1? scam or legit?

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by BOSTONCAMARO, Mar 16, 2014.

1. answered my parts wanted ad, nearly verbatim of what my ad read...no paypal wanted to have me send money gram....I was looking for tunnel ram and cross ram linkage

this hamby1 has zero posts....Ill keep looking for the stuff I need

maybe person is legit, I dont know

2. Flatheadguy

Flatheadguy

I do not know hamby1 or anything about his motives. However, everything that you have posted screams Red Flag!! I assume you have read about various scams that have been posted here over and over? Your last sentence sorta reveals you to be WAY too trusting. Deal with other HAMBers who have been here for a while and have more than a couple hundred posts and more than a few friends.
    Although, if you put $500, ALL CASH, in a brown paper bag and leave it taped to the bottom of table number six at the Boston Public Library, I'll send you the parts...no matter what they are.

3. 117harv

117harv

No need to start a thread asking if they are legit, they aren,t. Just send the new users name to a mod and he will take care of it/them.

4. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

I KNOW........

TOTAL SCAM !

Zero Posts and wants you to send a money gram = scam.

You are at your own risk for all deals.

If you send money - YOU WILL lose your money and won't get any parts.

Believe me.

5. I emailed Ryan, after I told the guy I would need to use paypal (which I wasn't really going to deal with him anyways)

He emailed me back something to the extent. I understand good friend, why you would be concerned. I assure you that you will have my home address yadda yadda yadda

Yeah I only deal with people who have been here, have some good ole' hamb street credit yo!

6. ^^^ but hes a "good friend" now, thats different

7. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

scammer for sure

8. woodstocka1

woodstocka1

I put a ad about needing a62 orig. Steering wheel , he answered my ad on H.A.M.B. saying he had 62 org in excellent condition for $180 and to contact him on email address [email protected]. I asked for pictures and location ,he said he had trouble uploading pics but thru wheel was perfect and his PayPal was dormant . he is listed on H.A.M.B. as a scammer so beware .:mad:

9. same guy, same story, told me the paypal was dormant etc

10. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

hamby1 is banned

I posted a beware scammer sticky in the wanted section.

Thanks for asking and communicating

11. What about soigne1 ?? Has a Isky brass tag for sale, he has no info on his site. Wants payment through Pay Pal. I can't find the list of crooks you had listed a few days ago.
    Thanks,
    Wes

12. 117harv

117harv

13. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

scammers only use paypal to buy, since paypal protects buyers only.