Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration **** Friday Art Show 5-31-13 ****

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 57 Corvette ~ Bob, May 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thanks all. Swingin'.

Attached Files:

2. safari-wagon

safari-wagon

I got this HUGE canvas for you to play with... :cool:

3. johnnyjalopy

johnnyjalopy

great work everyone.. few from me. have a great weekend! johnny
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Here are a couple new laser cut signs from me. Original artwork was from Satan's Brand free vector art. Made the larger of the two for a raffle prize at Tri-Power Automotive's annual open house earlier this month. Many thanks to Tri-Power for supporting my artistic endeavors. Their front office is home to many of my original pieces.

[​IMG]

Had a request from a non winner who had to have one so I made another. Looks the same but it is actually a duplicate piece.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Here's my first contribution to the Friday night art show...

"Wall Of Death" Carny art!

I threw this together for therapy after Rosie's passing and I’d like to say it is a “One of a kind” hand painted advertisement for the “Wall of Death” thrill show… but I painted two! Anyway... I gave one to my brother as a wedding gift and I decided to sell this one to help me along on the road to recovery!

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=805166

This type of artwork is known as “Carnival (Carney) or Circus Art usually painted by the “Carney’s” on used tent canvas so that they could be stowed away until the next venue. Most of the time you’ll see the “Freak Show” characters featured as well as the “Exotic 2 headed animals” painted across large pieces to garner attention. As with anything that travels around the country… they usually got damaged and developed a beautifully aged patina.

In true “Carney” fashion I used my old drop cloth and Gesso’d the canvas so I could layout artwork and paint the surface with “One Shot”!

The painting measures 6 ft. by 6 ft. and is sewn up to incorporate either conduit or broom handles to slide in the top and bottom for easy display.

I did as much as possible but incorporated the skill of my roommate a professional sign painter “Keith Drea” to "cut in" most of the lettering and characters. (that's Keith standing next to it... he told me that he's 6' 4" and 400 lbs... but he's more like 5' 10" and ...)

I’m glad he did however he did too good of a job and makes my work look like a toad in a punch bowl!

I'd like to sell it and move on and buy some Roadster parts as well as do another vintage ad!

I hope you enjoy my art therapy!:cool:

Attached Files:

6. Here's a better view...

[​IMG]

7. DITTO!!!!:cool:

8. RM-Special

RM-Special

Hey Spoggie,is this painting based on an Aussie show car that used to be around in the 70's ???

9. Muttley

Muttley

Incredibly cool idea for the decals..........wish I could get one. I thought the Hunnert' was extinct though?

10. Yes. The old 'Rhapsody in Blue', undertaken by Keally brothers & finished & shown by Con Mantzaris.
    First show car I ever saw at 9 or 10 years of age in early seventies.
    This piece available as a print via PM.. Drawn with a mouse. Two weeks work in the engine alone.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.